17 replies to this topic

#1 winxp_man

winxp_man

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:02 AM

ok here are some pics for people that are interested in the Hawke scope.these pics are almost in the sun pics in the evening. I have a pic of over all view. and remember this is through a camera.Posted Imagethey go in order from 4.5x to 14xand i have a range finder pic for distance4.5XPosted Image5xPosted Image6XPosted Image7XPosted Image8XPosted Image9XPosted Image10XPosted Image12XPosted Image14XPosted Image
Shoot to Kill not to wound !

#2 winxp_man

winxp_man

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:03 AM

and i almost forgot the range finder picPosted Imagethen the last set are the best i can get for night shots. this is about 180 yards away and i cant remember what zoom i was at.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Karl

Karl

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:37 AM

:roflmao3[1]: Did you notice the flock of birds in the last pic?
Karl

#4 winxp_man

winxp_man

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

Ya :roflmao3[1]: kind cool how i was able to catch the flock in flight like that hehehe

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

So, are you happy with the quality and performance of your Hawke scope?
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#6 winxp_man

winxp_man

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

I really like what i got for the money there is not one thing i can complain about so far i will head out on saturday and shoot a few round and see what happens then i can do some what a full review of the scope but so far i love what i got quality wise. i looked through a VX 7 leuy and this seems more brighter than a leuy in the dark. i will try and get pics of both and do a little review.

#7 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:30 PM

Great. I look forward to your independent review. :smiley-funny-post-sign: I mounted one of the new Hawke 4.5-14 X 38 Tactical scopes on my new Savage Predator 223 and it amazed me in the dark. It was clear and bright even under a dim red spotlight. I know I am a dealer, but I am also a hunter and I am very pleased with it.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#8 winxp_man

winxp_man

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:58 PM

well I went out Friday and i have to say the scope preformed real well on my .308 remmy. I do have targets from the shooting but I dont remember what order i shot what and I forgot to bring my camera. I might go out Monday again and this time I will bring my camera and not only take pics but also video record. But overall the scope from what I shot through it was able to hold zero and even some what of a tracking test i did on it it went back to zero no problem.

#9 howah

howah

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:22 AM

you weren't comparing the cross hairs between the two were you?

#10 winxp_man

winxp_man

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:26 AM

Well the Luey had a B&C cross hair and the Hawke has a 1/2 10 X Mil cross hair. The Hawke has thinner lines than the Leuy.

#11 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:24 AM

"i looked through a VX 7 leuy and this seems more brighter than a leuy in the dark."I think Howah is bagging on you a little. When he said, "you weren't comparing the cross hairs between the two were you?". Ya see, it's hard for some guys to believe that Hawke scopes are as good as they are and transmit light better than some "big name" scopes. Especially if they have never looked through or used a Hawke. Howah is trying to be funny because your photos show the Hawke scope with the reticle illuminated. He is suggesting the comparison you are making (the Hawke seems brighter) is because the Hawke reticle is illuminated and the Leupold is not. winxp_man, the facts speak for themselves. Enjoy your Hawke scope. No matter what you say, there will always be those out there that will give you a hard time. It's like the old Ford vs. Chevy thing.....only with optics. Some guys are brand loyal and not receptive to anything new. :popcorn:

#12 winxp_man

winxp_man

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

the only other kind of scopes i will get that are brand name and when i have the money at hand is NF and higher. My buddy that lives in the state of Washington got four of these hawkes and is selling all his leuys he does have higher end scopes he has quite a few Swarovski's and he really likes them but look at what your paying. As for opinions everyone is entitled to say what they want but sometimes facts are facts. i dont want to force anyone into believing my what i say but as soon as i can i will try to get pics and videos of both scopes then people can judge for themselfs.I would say this when someone has the money they will get the better end scope S&B, Swarovski, USO and so on but some people are on a smaller budget and thats why i got the scope. but when funds are available i will get something better. The only reason I posted this is for someone like me out there that cant quite get the Ferrari or BMW of scopes but the Honda of scopes will do just fine.

#13 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

Fair enough. I look forward to your future reports. Take care....Red

#14 howah

howah

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:16 PM

i dont own leuy nor any high dollar scopes out there. the most i've spent on scope is $240 for my nikon buck 4.5-14 mildot 3yrs ago. my current scope on the 308 is a nikko targetmaster and it has work great so far. i have no experience with hawke but i might consider one in 6.5-20 tactical 30. ca desert doghow much travel does the 6.5-20x42 has?

#15 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

I think I know but I'll double check for ya and get back to you with an accurate answer.

#16 winxp_man

winxp_man

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:58 PM

here is a youtube link from Hawke i guess. its stating that there is 70 MOA total turret adjustment.skip kinda to the end for the info and pause the video and read the specs.

#17 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

winxpman nailed it...70 MOAHere is the rundown on the Tactical Series of Hawke scopes:HK4020 4.5-14 X 38 80 MOA HK4022 4.5-14 X 42 80 MOAHK4026 6.5-20 X 42 70 MOAHK4030 8.5-25 X 42 60 MOAHK4034 10 X 42 80 MOA

#18 winxp_man

winxp_man

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:12 PM

Well i was able to get out today and shot up some reloads but also did a beginner box test i just read a few ways to do it and here was the outcome :DWhat I did was dial 7 MOA down and 7 MOA to the right then shot one shot. Next I dialed up 14 MOA and shot a shot, then dialed to the left 14 MOA and shot another shot, then dialed down 14 MOA and shot another, then dialed 14 to the right and shot anoter shot. I started at the center with two shots and finished at the center with two shots. I was using cheap federal 150 gr SP ammo from walmart for this. Posted Image here is some other pics Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users