#1 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:14 PM

What height to use to clear the BSA Sweet 17 with 40MM objective.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#2 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:27 PM

I use Warne "medium" with mine and it's close to the barrel. Need to go with a medium/high if anyone makes them because of the rotating objective.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#3 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:31 PM

I ordered Redfield Medium ring and it's way too low. I bought 3 pairs for me and my two buddies and can't use them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#4 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:05 PM

Use Weaver #68 bases, they will give you a bit more height.

#5 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:27 AM

For my 93R17 BTVS, I use high Burris Signature Z rings on the Savage bases for my Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 mildot. And I use high Leupold Rifleman rings on an EGW picatinny rail for the Bushnell Trophy 4-12x40 on the Savage Mark II BTVS .22LR.

#6 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

Funny how scope manufactures size their objective lenses. I installed a Cabela's Pine Ridge tactical 17 on my new Savage 93 TR 17hmr. It is a 6-18x40mm. I compared the 40mm objective with the BSA Sweet 17's objective. The lense on the Cabela's scope is quite a bit smaller. Most of you are going to say that the BSA has a rotating objective were the Cabela's does not (it's a side focus) but even so the glass doesn't seem to be the same size even though they both state that they are 40mm. Anyhow, the Warne medium rings gave plenty of room under the objective. I ended up using Warne high rings for the BSA Sweet 17 mounted up on my Savage 93R BTVS.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users