• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 yoteblaster

yoteblaster

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Huntin' yotes, Huntin', fishin', Atv'n, Campin', shootin'Military history

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

:signs1180lq: Has anyone heard or seen anything on this. I just stumbled across some stuff this morning. I wondered if anyone was using this here. What are the pluses and negatives? How would these loads be for a youth hunter hunting Coyotes? Better than a .22 magnum? Any suggestions or info let me know.
SEMPER FI - It means... Always Faithful! Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap - life is expensive.

#2 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:35 AM

No personal experience. The cartridge has been around for a long time now, though not very popular.Magnum Rimfire Comparison

#3 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

http://www.chuckhawk..._comparison.htmA company called Centurian is making new ammo for the 5mm.http://www.midwayusa...tm_campaign=653

#4 yoteblaster

yoteblaster

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Huntin' yotes, Huntin', fishin', Atv'n, Campin', shootin'Military history

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

cool thx for the info a little better understanding now thx for the fast replies
SEMPER FI - It means... Always Faithful! Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap - life is expensive.

#5 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:43 PM

Last year there was a rumor going around that the 5mm was going to make a comeback with a couple companies ready to jump in and start building rifles chambered for it. I really wish it would. I'd buy one.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

Pretty cool little round . I think I would get one also.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#7 yoteblaster

yoteblaster

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:34 AM

Thats what I was thinking also. kinda cool kinda odd-ball but hey it is more unique.

#8 CHIN SQUIRREL

CHIN SQUIRREL

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Coyote hunting, trout fishing, geocaching, and exploring.

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:35 AM

I ended up getting one of those as a gift from a friend for graduating Basic Training and AIT at Fort Sill back in 1995. I could never find ammunition for the thing, so I never shot it. Not too long ago one of the forum members posted a link to some website to find ammunition. I clicked on the link and lo and behold, there it was. Fodder for my old rifle. I'm gonna have to get some one of these days and try it out.
I'd rather be fishing with my son.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users