7 replies to this topic

#1 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

I saw this today. Dodge is offering this as an option on new trucks:Called the The Mopar RamBox Holster, its a rack that can hold two rifles or shotguns inside one of the lockable, watertight compartments located on either side of the pickup bed.A $205 option - on top of the $1895 price of the RamBox feature itself - the rack can be rotated to hold six fishing poles for those who prefer quieter trips into the great outdoors.Posted ImageKinda cool...but better make sure that rifle or shotgun is unloaded...look where it's pointed :653:
ProStaff - ProStaff - Field Staff - I'm very important!

#2 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:01 PM

I dont like it.. look how wide the bed rail is, taking up bed space... I also dont like that everyone in the free world will know what is in it since its being advertised as such.. Ford came out with a tool box bed that I thought looked just as goofy too.
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#3 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

I would believe a thief would break into that box just to see if anything is in there. He knows what could be there. Nope, store your guns behind your seat. Don't forget to carry your wasp and hornet spray if you are not permitted to carry pepper spray. Work better that pepper spray and shoots 4 X farther.

#4 donkey12

donkey12

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

Its still a dodge though.
Don't be stupid

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,787 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

Yea, that right there is the biggest problem. :)
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#6 yoteblaster

yoteblaster

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Huntin' yotes, Huntin', fishin', Atv'n, Campin', shootin'Military history

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:21 PM

Keep it loaded for quick trips and a better get-a-way shot, however I need the button option so I can shoot at the person honking behind me. :)
SEMPER FI - It means... Always Faithful! Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap - life is expensive.

#7 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:43 PM

Looks to me like if a guy drives anywhere off of a paved road, there is going to be dust in all of those seals that falls right on your guns when you open the lid. Marketing gimmicks. I'll stick to keeping my guns in the cab where I can lock them up and they won't get dirty.
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#8 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

The locks didnt look that high grade either on the few i saw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users