11 replies to this topic

#1 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

I very rarely write a review on products that I buy but I have to give these some love! I first saw an add for Crossbreed Holsters while watching S.W.A.T Mag on TV.. They had a short special/ demo of these ugly holsters (I believe they are one of their sponsors). I ran into one of my LEO buddies and got to talking about comfortable concealed carry options because I have bought a few dozen holsters and they all profiled or are very uncomfortable. He mentioned Crossbreed Holsters and he was wearing as we were speaking.. So I decided to give them a try.. I bought one to fit my Kimber Ultra Covert II 1911.. After waiting a few weeks the brown truck dropped off my new holster. (love that guy) At first glance I have to say this thing seems big and ugly.. It fit my gun perfect and secure. I tried it on and it seemed "okay".. I decided to wear it for a few days, even at my desk.. I have had it on for a total of 3 days now and it has molded perfect to my body. Itís so comfortable that at times I forget I'm even wearing it.. My weapon does not profile, move around or jab me at all. I know how hard it is to find an effective way to comfortably carry CCW so I wanted to share this great product. http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/ Attached File  holster.jpg   88.1KB   28 downloads

#2 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

Does the leather make you sweat? and is it scratchy at all.. Is your gun cocked??

#3 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:54 AM

Did you have to get larger pants to compensate for the tighter waistband?? I like to go beltless and a little loose in the waist. I found that for my crossbreed to work properly I had to have a belt and keep it snug.I do like the concealment though. I have since been carrying a Kahr PM9 in my front pocket with a Desantis Nemesis. I have been meaning to try a Desantis Superfly though as the Nemesis will sometimes print with snug pants.

#4 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

Does the leather make you sweat? and is it scratchy at all.. Is your gun cocked??

Not scratchy at all.. So far not an issue with sweating but I will know forsure this weekend.. Going to AZ for a few days and it's HOT there.. I will let you know how it does.

#5 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

Did you have to get larger pants to compensate for the tighter waistband?? I like to go beltless and a little loose in the waist. I found that for my crossbreed to work properly I had to have a belt and keep it snug.I do like the concealment though. I have since been carrying a Kahr PM9 in my front pocket with a Desantis Nemesis. I have been meaning to try a Desantis Superfly though as the Nemesis will sometimes print with snug pants.

Nope on the size up, I have been wearing the same size jeans and shorts that I usually wear. I usually wear a belt with or without wearing the holster. The belt does help keep it and my pants up. I have yet to try the holster without a belt.

#6 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

I have the SuperTuck Deluxe in Horse Hide for my Sig P220. The only holster I think that has that option. The horse hide stands up to moisture better as it is a tighter grain than cow hide - and I thought it was just cool to say my holster is made from horse hide! I like to rub it in to the horse owners I know...

#7 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

Easy there CH, don't ya think those questions are kinda personal? :signs653wf: I thought you already had a boyfriend?? :) :smiley-funny-post-sign:I use a Galco leather holster, sometimes it will rub and leave a mark. But yes leather will "sweat" through and leave moisture on the gun.Camoghost, that's the SuperTuck w/ combat cut?

#8 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

LOL!! Well if she must know it's always..... well never mind :) Yes it is the SuperTuck Delux and I didn't go with the combat cut but I might go with that option when I order one for my Glock 29sf.. I might even spend the BIG bucks like Baja and have them kill a horse for me!!! :signs653wf:

#9 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

LMAO well you know how it is.... A man with a cocked gun is his pants is just bound to get attention... What can I say :signs653wf:

#10 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

I've been using the Super Tuck for a year or so and find it very comfortable. I changed from the standard belt clips to the super clips as the standards would bend easily. I took some Snowseal and rubbed it into the body side of the holster to seal it against my sweat. I wear it all day in the 100 degree heat here. I even wear it when shooting rifle matches and no one has made me yet.

#11 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

They are great holsters. I have a knock off called Bluegrass Hybrid Holster. Very comfortable, wear it with my P220 with just shorts and a t-shirt with no problem. Just buy my pants one size larger in the waist and problems solved. Can still wear those same pants with a good belt and nobody is the wiser.Darren

#12 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:05 AM

I've got one that I use for my XD(s). I really like that I can use the same holster for either my 4" or 3" XD. It is very comfortable too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users