• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

Well I finally got out for my first bunny hunt this season and my .22cal MAC1 tuned Disco performed exceptionally well. I got my longest shot to date at 86yds paced off. It just droped the critter where it stood. Matter of fact all three bunnies I got with my Disco today just dropped where they stood. The more I shoot the Disco the more I am impressed with it. This last year I installed an 8 shot Rotory Index Magazine (RIM) and a 5-15 x40 Bushnell Legend scope on it. The RIM took a little getting use to, and it deffinately dosn't feed all pellets reliably. I found that JSB Jumbo Express pellets at 14.5gr. were too nose heavy and usually fed out of the magazine nose down causing a jam. So I went up in weight to 16.5gr JSB Jumbos which carry a little more weight in the skirt and it feeds fine. The RIM makes follow up shots a snap and also cuts down on the amount of movement that you make cycling the gun. Sorry no gore shots of the bunnies as my camera battery died just before the hunt. :smiley_green_with_envy:

#2 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

Good job on the hunt! Thats a long shot congrats!

#3 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

where do you hunt?

#4 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

Good job. My results were the same as yours with the RIM. The 18.1 grs. work even better.

#5 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:40 PM

Yes, congrats that is a long shot.

#6 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

where do you hunt?

Anywhere, but mostly within a 3 hours drive radius of LA. This hunt was on public land. I've hunted there before and got my 2 day limit hunting in the evening of the first day and the morning of the second. We didn't see any last night, although I almost stepped on one getting out my tent to use the head in the middle of the night. The ones I got this morning were hanging around an old horse corral just after sunrise.

#7 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:54 AM

Awesome shot..!! Disco's are really fun in the field hunting....reliable & accurate...had mine over two years now...still shooting JSB Exacts 14.3.I had considered the RIM mag for the Disco,but I already have two 850 HPA repeaters that work very well...the mags have an o-ring to hold pellets for smooth feed.

#8 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

Thanks Rich, I have been living vicariously through you and Cliff for so many months that it actually felt good to get out and do some hunting myself. I have always admired those two 850's of yours. I think my next airgun purchase will be a MAC 1 tuned Marauder. The decision will be whether to get it in .22cal or .25cal. I'm leaning a little more toward the .25cal at this point. I do love that little disco though. I think at some point I want to make a new stock for it to go with the higher scope rings.

#9 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

I think you will like the MROD .25 cal... Cliff has one from Tim and is already out there (Arizona) dropping prarie dogs at 100 yds +...I got lucky one day(no wind) and got a GS at lasered 96 yards with my Disco .22.(26 FPE)..my longest kill to date...my hunting bud went nutso over that shot..!! He had spotted the squirrel, and said try a shot...I hit that squeek in the shoulder and he just keeled over..I'm waiting for an oportunity to try some long shots with my Dominator HPA .22...it has more 'punch' at 940 FPS/30 FPE using JSB 15.8 GR..What's funny though,my most cherished shot was with my 850 CO2 .177....70 yards on a GS using JSB 8.4 gr...lol...Here is pic of that one. I still have that rifle...it has been flow modded,heavier hammer spring,etc..and very accurate....I shot the squirrel from a fence post (red circle).. I was so excited,i called my wife on the cell and said "guess what I just did..?" She said.."you shot an elephant..??? Very funny,that gal..lolPosted Image

#10 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:11 PM

Yeh I hear you Rich. Somehow the whole excitment thing is lost on the loved ones. Guess you got to be there to appreciate it.....

#11 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,806 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:18 PM

Nice shots guys. my wife is the same way. They just do not understand how much we have to work to get those squirrels :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: .40 yards is long for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users