23 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

I went to the turlock walmart WOW they had a lot of boolites.It is like the old days before obama.Stacks of 223 and 22lr and 9mm,40sw, 17 22mag etc.They also have a few boxes of dove decoys 2.00 a pop I got a few more.Go after it locals .

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

to bad the prices didn't come back down to the pre-obama rates. :smiley-funny-post-sign:
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#3 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

hey i don't mind paying $35/brick for .22 LR. :good:
weapons are nothing but tools to be used properly. like any other tool.

#4 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:52 PM

18.00 at walmart and that is still high I remember it at 9.00.

#5 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:54 AM

Yeah and that was a brick of Dynapoints. :harhar1[1]:
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:07 PM

walmart in turlock is getting even more ammo in stock I saw piles off 223 value packs and 45 acp 40 9mm shotgun slugs, all kind of 22 lr . I believe the rush is almost over.

#7 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

And not ONE WORD about pellets. :wub: :pot:

#8 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

OH sorry del I am talking about real ammo for real guns. :popcorn:

#9 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:48 PM

hatin' on the airgunners eh?i only have around 4000 pellets on hand.a nice compliment to my stash of 6000+ centerfire. :popcorn: :popcorn:
weapons are nothing but tools to be used properly. like any other tool.

#10 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

I was in the area and stopped by the Walmart in Encinitas today. This is the fullest and wide array of an ammo case I have seen in a long time. They had a good amount of ammo for 5.56, .223, .270, 7.62x39, .40 cal, 9mm, Military grade 00 buck (2.75), 00 Buck (3"), 20 gauge rifled slug, 30.06, and some other calibers as well. Also, right now they had a good selection of clearance priced items like: Camo hats for $1, packs of camo working gloves for 2.97, and a bunch of other good bargains. If you are in the area, or want to take a drive out there it is worth it.

#11 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

I went to the Walmart in Tracy today.. naddah, zippo.. I saw a few opened cases of fed ammo, but only shotgun. The ammo case has cobwebs growing in all of the areas that we want to see full.  lol  It aint near over yet boys!

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.

#12 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

It aint near over yet boys!

It's getting there, my supplier has had a 25 shelf full of both lead and plated X-Treme bullets for 3 weeks. And a heck of a lot cheaper than you can order them direct! Many, many powders too. He's also had piles of .223 bullets for over a month, as well as 6mm and .30cal. bullets. Primers are still a little more difficult, except for shotgun, and extremely popular powders. But even used shotgun hulls and wads are in excess now. It;s a slow start, but at least it's a start. Funny though, as the Wal-Marts are empty here too, but the reloading shop is stocked  :good:

#13 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

Heck fellas...on Saturday I saw at Big 5 in Mira Mesa - San Diego, they are now selling primers.  Never seen that before.

They had guns to sell...mostly cheap shotguns and 22 LRs that look like machine guns...you know the stuff most hunters need. :crazy:

#14 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

I encountered the same thing at the Big5 in El Cajon. They had Winchester Shotshell primers, Large Rifle and, I believe, Small Rifle primers. I asked the manager behind the counter when they started to carry them and he said about a month ago. I also asked if they had plans to carry any other reloading items. He said "No". Only the primers. At least if you are low on primers you can stop by there and possible pick some up. The shotshell primers were close to $60 a box of 1000 though. If you had a coupon that let you purchase ammo then you could probably get them at the discounted, coupon rate.

As far as guns, they had a few shotguns (a few bird guns, but mostly security models) some .30-06, 7mm, Marlin 795's, Rossi underlevers in 30-30 and .22 and a couple of Mosins as well as their typical run of the mill air rifles (Gamo, Crosman and Ruger). The pickings were slimmer than they used to be, but not as empty as it was 6 months ago.

They have a decent selection of ammo now at that store, but getting any .22LR is like trying to find Chukar within range. They come in and fly off the shelf. I'm hoping that I'll see .22LR's on the shelves again soon at reasonable prices.

#15 17hmrlvr

17hmrlvr

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:predator hunting
    upland bird
    friends and family

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

walmart here in victorville still doesnt have much alot of 12 guage of coarse cause of dove opening. some 243  22-250 7mm and thats about it.. theres guys waiting at  6 in the morning and buy everything dont j=give us guys who work for a living a chance.

.”A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.”

#16 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

The Big5 in Tracy had 2 boxes of Win LRP's at about $45.00 ea.  First time ever that I saw a Big5 with components. About $10 too much, but if you need them...

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.

#17 nitis

nitis

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Rumor was big 5 had a good shipment of 22 lr last week. Supposedly some stores got a couple of the Remington buckets if 1400 rounds and about 8 of bulk 525 rounds

The week before no 22 but the week before that was some of the first 22 bulk packs seen. I know my big 5 gets their shipments on Mondays and when I pick up my795 I'm going to push them to hold some 22 for me on the next shipment.

Walmart has been getting some ere and there nothing consistent but usually the guy will let you know if he is expecting any on the next days truck

#18 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

I don't know which is harder to believe? The fact that Big 5 is now selling primers, or the fact that they are noy selling them as Zombie/Apocalypse primers or "Tactical" primers, like everything else they try to sell :rolleyes:  Almost as bad as my personal favorite, "Tactical" .22lr  :rofl2:

22_zpsbfefc472.jpg

#19 nitis

nitis

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

Ok so I was reading where late last week walmarts down south specifically salinas received some good shipments of 22 bulk packs both 550 and 325 rounders

Guess what they made it to my Walmart yesterday and I had to work damn the luck

Lots of Cci popped up multiple places online last night too so just be diligent

#20 kgp912

kgp912

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Hunt, fish, reload, smoking meat, enjoying the great outdoors.

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

Still no 22mag. I looked on a recent trip from Salinas up I-5 and stopped at most sporting/gun shops that I could find and could not find anything.

#21 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

Picked up some Federal 9mm 115 gr FMJ RN today for $14.57/box.

#22 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

I rarely go to Wal-Mart anymore, but went there today to get dog food.  Swung by the ammo aisle and picked up a box of .357, Remington, 100 round box.  They had some 9 mm, some .32, and varied rifle calibers.  But, who shoots a .32? 

#23 BlueDevilMan

BlueDevilMan

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Varmint hunting

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:43 AM

I was on cabelas.com yesterday and they had 22Mag for 69.99 per 250. Sold out by evening, but hey...it's 22Mag, have not seen any on that site since January

#24 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Lots of .223 at my local Wal-mart. Guess they concentrated on that first and will get around to the other calibers now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users