Photo

More Discovery squirrels ...todays hunt..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

This was a local ranch hunt..owner called yesterday so went out this AM and bagged 9 squirrels and two cottontails. I used the Discovery .22 for the 'sure' kills as this rancher wants squeeks eliminated..and the Discovery puts em down quick..Temps were mid 80's,but i quit at 11 AM...going out tomorrow again..PICs:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:58 AM

Nice, work. It would be nice to have a .22 PCP for ground squirrels as .177 springers allow many of them to get down their holes although I'm sure they die down there. May have to convert to the Dark Side yet!

#3 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

As they say..." the Dark Side is not all that bad."

#4 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:14 PM

Nice, work. It would be nice to have a .22 PCP for ground squirrels as .177 springers allow many of them to get down their holes although I'm sure they die down there. May have to convert to the Dark Side yet!

That can happen with a PCP...trust me..lol...if you shoot them to close to their burrow,eventually one will wriggle dow the burrow hole even with a good head or shoulder shot...I try to wait for them to get at least four feet from their burrow before shooting if possible...that seems to be far enough in my experience to prevent them from doing 'their break dance of death' routine and escaping down da hols.. lol..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users