• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:52 AM

We took the girls to South Lake Tahoe for a camping trip last week. One look at the sportfishing brochure and catching fish is all they talked about. We chartered a half day morning trip with Tahoe Sportfishing Co. and headed out before light. It was a charter of six fishermen, with me and my wife purchasing only two fishing spots and two ride alongs as suggested by the owner of the outfit. He said you never know if kids will really be up for five hours of fishing and there was no reason for us to spend the extra money. Right here I knew there was something different about this charter. As we headed out, the first mate set up the fishing rigs. He put the first rod in the holder, turned around, and without asking asigned the first rod to Jessica. I have no idea how he already knew her name. The second rod went to Alyssa. The plan was to have our rods (mine and my wife's) to share in the two rod fish limit with the girls. However, we had no desire to do anything but sit back and watch. I even heard the deck hand tell my brother that the first strike goes to the girls and it was all about the kids. Now keep in mind that all I did was walk into the place and reserve four spots. I didn't spend any extra money for any special treatment, and if anything, I ended up spending less money since we only purchased two spots.Anyway, the girls each caught two kokanee salmon, with Alyssa's being the monster of the trip (if you aren't familiar with kokanee, they are land locked in Lake Tahoe and a big one is hovering around 18-inches). Both girls had ample opportunities to catch more with several additional hook ups, but it wasn't in the cards. And these guys didn't set the hook and hand the rod off, which I hate. They sat there and offered advice while each girl did everything themselves from the hook up to the net.Jessica's first Kokanee SalmonPosted ImageAlyssa's monster KokaneePosted ImageThe total haul for the dayPosted ImageThese guys totally catered to the kids and I'd book another charter with them again in a heart beat. A great trip with a great outfit.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,945 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:01 AM

Great pics Tim! Nothing like Kokanee fishing on a nice day. The girls look like they had a terrific time. :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:12 AM

Sounds like a great time! Nice pics
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#4 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,757 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:54 AM

Nice going girls. And nice going Dad for being such a great one!
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#5 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

Way to go dad , get them started young . And a big HELLS YEAH for the crew & operators for going beyond what you were asking for in the trip . Some people like the " hook & hand " , some don't . Is not the Kokanee the land locked Sockeye ? Andy

#6 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

Way to go dad...Your younguns are a couple cuties...must take after their mom. :good:
ProStaff - ProStaff - Field Staff - I'm very important!

#7 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

Sounds like it was a blast! Congrats to you and the family. Glad you guys had some fun. By the looks of it you have plenty of fish in the freezer too.

#8 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

Way to go dad...Your younguns are a couple cuties...must take after their mom. :good:

And thank God for that!I like to tell people my looks are on a sliding scale, somewhere between Brad Pitt and the Elephant man.

#9 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

It looks like you guys had a great time. Hw do they taste?

#10 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:18 AM

And thank God for that!I like to tell people my looks are on a sliding scale, somewhere between Brad Pitt and the Elephant man.

:1087: :lol: :lol:
ProStaff - ProStaff - Field Staff - I'm very important!

#11 sixgun

sixgun

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

can't beat a good day fishing with the kids ... great memories made that will last a lifetime :glare:
Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one.

#12 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:47 AM

GREAT PHOTOS AND READ! You'r doing what it takes to make good kids...........bonding in the out of doors. keep it up.

#13 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:31 AM

Excellent write up! Sounds like a terrific outfit.... now I'd be firing up the smoker!

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users