3 replies to this topic

#1 tonyd

tonyd

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

While reading older forums here at CPC, I found just what I was looking for, R & D CUSTOM BARREL SERVICE I wanted to install chokes in my smooth bore Mossberg 12 ga. I asked around at a few of my local gun shops in town and they wanted more for the machining to put in the choke tubes then I paid for the gun. I sent my barrel to R & D CUSTOM BARREL SERVICE and his work was excellent and only took a few days. It cost a little less then 100 bucks. I did pattern tests at the range and the amount of pellets on the target depending on the load, increased by about 30-40%. I can't recall who put up the link, but thanks,http://www.americhoke.com/

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:02 PM

A few years back I had them thread one of my shotgun barrels for choke tubes. They are great. The price was cheaper than anybody I could find locally and they had the barrel back to me in a couple days. Posted Image
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#3 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

I've had mine done there. Good guy and good work.

#4 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

Yep, great to work with, I also had a mossberg barrel threaded for chokes.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users