3 replies to this topic

#1 tonyd

tonyd

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

While reading older forums here at CPC, I found just what I was looking for, R & D CUSTOM BARREL SERVICE I wanted to install chokes in my smooth bore Mossberg 12 ga. I asked around at a few of my local gun shops in town and they wanted more for the machining to put in the choke tubes then I paid for the gun. I sent my barrel to R & D CUSTOM BARREL SERVICE and his work was excellent and only took a few days. It cost a little less then 100 bucks. I did pattern tests at the range and the amount of pellets on the target depending on the load, increased by about 30-40%. I can't recall who put up the link, but thanks,http://www.americhoke.com/

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:02 PM

A few years back I had them thread one of my shotgun barrels for choke tubes. They are great. The price was cheaper than anybody I could find locally and they had the barrel back to me in a couple days. Posted Image
Sharps, the rifle that made the west safe for Winchester!

Real tractors have two cylinders and hand clutches.

My rifle is mine, it isn't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like.

#3 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

I've had mine done there. Good guy and good work.

#4 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

Yep, great to work with, I also had a mossberg barrel threaded for chokes.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users