• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:30 AM

I am a newbie to black rifles and recently picked up a DPMS AR-15 w/ 16" barrel. I mounted a Busnhell Holosight I already had and am now looking to further assessorize it. I was considering an iTac-TDL1 laser/light grip combo but heard it has problems and was discontinued. I don't necessarily need a grip but would based on your recommendations. What do you recommend for a reasonably priced setup?Thanks in Advance. Also I am in Missouri so anything goes...

I'm an airgunholic

#2 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:04 PM

I'm :) that "anything goes" in your State..... You probably won't get too much response for this post as most of us in Commifornia, can't do a whole lot to our AR's. Some of us, myself included, have "zombie" guns set up with all kinds of stuff and will never see the public eye unless all hell breaks loose. So I won't go into what's on my AR's. As far as a forward grip goes, we can't put those on either but they do sell magazine well grips which make it handy in keeping the gun pulled in tight to your body when shooting. Some of the mag well grips have wide openings for quick magazine insertions which we can't do out here either with our "bullet button" equiped rifles. Attached lights/lasers are another "no, no" out here. All I can say is, I wish I lived in a gun friendly state.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:34 AM

I did end up ordering the iTac-TDL1 laser/light grip combo. The strobe light is effectively disorienting -- even in daylight. They are in high demand and it was tough to find one.So the liberals are afraid someone might "hold" their gun too well or can actually "aim" the gun at an intruder in a night home invasion scenario? The whackos are always nuts.This was on The Drudge Report today. Some liberals are trying to "act" pro-gun this fall to keep from getting unelected. Don't believe them. It had an interesting statistic in the article. You guys just need to buy more guns!"Gun ownership in the country amid labor unions folks runs from a low of 48% in California to a high of 60, 70, 80% in states like Missouri, Tennessee, West Virginia. In the 2000 election, half of those union members had a firearm in their home voted for George Bush over Al Gore based on the gun issue and that cost Al Gore the presidency."Read more: http://liveshots.blo...s#ixzz0ut9JkazB

I'm an airgunholic

#4 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:02 AM

I'm :) that "anything goes" in your State..... You probably won't get too much response for this post as most of us in Commifornia, can't do a whole lot to our AR's. Some of us, myself included, have "zombie" guns set up with all kinds of stuff and will never see the public eye unless all hell breaks loose. So I won't go into what's on my AR's. As far as a forward grip goes, we can't put those on either but they do sell magazine well grips which make it handy in keeping the gun pulled in tight to your body when shooting. Some of the mag well grips have wide openings for quick magazine insertions which we can't do out here either with our "bullet button" equiped rifles. Attached lights/lasers are another "no, no" out here. All I can say is, I wish I lived in a gun friendly state.

Fakawee, where do you get the idea that you can't have a forward grip and/or flashlights/lasers (when not hunting) on a BB, OLL rifle?
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#5 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

What he said,^^^.

#6 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

I was at the Delmar Gun show last year and was talking to some of the guys from CRPA and they mentioned the forward vertical grips being illegal on AR's with pistol grips mounted on the receiver and having a collapsable stock. I might have misunderstood them but I haven't seen anything in the Calguns flow chart either, so I haven't taken any chances with my AR's when I take them down to the deserts. The laser/light combo cannot be used when hunting but it is also not a good idea to go to your local public range with them attached either.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#7 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:10 PM

It is CA compliant to have a forward grip on a BB, OLL AR. It is also legal to have flashlights/lasers as long as you're not hunting. I've gone to my local range many times with my foregrip and flashlight (laziness) still attached. Never even been looked at oddly.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#8 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

#9 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:27 AM

Why didn't that sunset with the sunset of the Federal assualt weapons ban? Those laws need another court challenge after the Chicago case.

I'm an airgunholic

#10 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:06 AM

My new toy with Holosight and iTac Grip/Laser/Light. The strobe is very disorienting.Attached File  1.jpg   11.9KB   26 downloads

I'm an airgunholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users