32 replies to this topic

#31 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:18 AM

Does that thing have a bullet button. I have been looking at AR's for a while now.

#32 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:27 AM

Yep...as required.Want a short, 3lb trigger. Anybody know of a good 2 stage trigger that'll work on an AR? I love my Savage Accutriggers and want to upgrade. Want a short, 3lb trigger. Or is a Timney a better choice? Opinions?

#33 RobT2K

RobT2K

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:39 PM

Nice rifle, and it sounds like you got a good deal.I just finished my 308AR and it weighs 12.5 w/10rnd mag,scope,bipod, and the heavier UBR stock from magpul. I went with a Geissele SSA trigger it's very nice, has a total pull weight of about 4.5lb. 2.5 lbs on the first stage and 2lb on the second stage. They're normally $170 but I found them for $153 here- Palmetto State Armory You have to add them to your cart to see that price.I also wanted the option of a single point sling, but I knew that a two point would be nice on this heavy bastard. Check out TacStrap.com They have a nice wide sling that works like the Magpul sling, it can be single or two point. I've found the 2" wide strap really helps spread the weight over my shoulder. I had the magpul strap and it creates pressure points even with my lightweight AR15, so I knew it wouldn't work for the big brother.Good luck setting your rifle up, I've had fun building mine and right now it is just about where I want it.--Robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users