#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

Finally got a break in the weather with temps dropping out of high 90's to mid 80's...lot's of squirrels,but grass just over 18" high,so had to shoot them when they got up on the rocks....and up on fence posts at my second spot..Took all these ground squirrels from 47-52 yards..wind light at 5 mph at my back...I used JSB 14.3 GR and my Disco spits them out at 906 FPS/26 FPE...scope is a Barska Varmit 6-24 MIL DOT..Posted ImagePosted ImageAt this spot you must watch fence posts as squirrels climb to top and gaze around....the near fence is 50 yards..Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

Good shooting!!!! Lotsa fun.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:53 PM

Very nice, great shooting Rich. :signbummer8tl:

#4 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

The Discovery never ceases to amaze me. In the accuracy department, it performs way above its price point. Got to love an area where they get up on fence posts. :signbummer8tl:

#5 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

Had the Mac 1 Discovery about 3 years now...trouble free..accurate & reliable...I only shoot JSB 14.3's as tests I did favored that pellet...That area used to be an old ranch before feds bought land and added into the Nat'l forest..ranch buildings are gone,but all fences remain and it is only a 16 mile drive for me..

#6 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:52 PM

what's the paper taped to the stock?

#7 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

That is my range card...it depicts POI drop from 25 yards to 100 yards and corresponding mil dot holdover/under....this is determined by chronograph FPS of particular pellet weight,BC, height of scope center over bore center(LOS)...and zero(sight-in)..in this case,JSB 14.3 GR.I use this software: http://www.arld1.com...rdonesteve.html Some guys use Chairgun,but I've found this one to be very good..Important to input correct data for your rifle...pic shows my range data for my Discovery .22 using JSB 14.3 gr pellets....so with my 50 yard zero, I have to hold under from 25 yards to 45 yards by mil dot value shown...and holdover beyond 50 yards..I took some time verifying calculated data by shooting on target at various ranges...but it came out very close from tests I did..in the field hunting,I use my rangefinder to verify distance,then glance at my card so I know how much (in mil dots) to hold under/over...I do not change click values as that takes to much time..I even use same method in competition for field target events..Posted Image

#8 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

hmm. good idea! i figured it was something like that. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#9 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

hmm. good idea! i figured it was something like that. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

I use this program primarily..you just put your data in and use sliding bar for ranges...it will compute turret clicks,mils,poi drop,etc..Best to have chronographed your rifle for average FPS...http://www.arld1.com...rdonesteve.html

#10 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking,Backpacking,Air Gun Shooting,Woodworking<br />

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

I was out there today with the 22 lr and bagged 3 squirrels. Lots of snakes this year. Every time I went to check on the dead squirrels a snake was near by.

#11 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

I just got back from Oregon last night. Shot competition in Rifle FT,Benchrest, Pistol FT...tons of fun..Re rattlesnakes..there certainly is a bunch this year...same with squirrels..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users