• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:09 AM

The bad news is that we have totally sold out of every Hawke Tactical and Eclipse scope in the line. Even the stateside Hawke warehouse is sold out. These two models of Hawke scopes have been selling like crazy and it has been very difficult to keep them in stock. The Hawke warehouse is presently awaiting another shipment from England and as soon as they arrive we (RedHunterLLC) will have priority status for our share of the booty. I'll let you guys know when the new scopes are in. Sorry for the inconvenience.The good news is.....that the word is getting out on Hawke optics.

#2 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

pm sent red

#3 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:24 AM

All of our Hawke Tactical scopes are back in stock. :signs1111cr:

#4 goosebrown

goosebrown

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Ceramics. WEB programming. Varmint hunting and possibly pig hunting.

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

Might need a scope coming up. Is it OK to ask people here, owners, what they think of the Hawke scopes? Like to buy something from someone on the forum (Desert Dog) but want to get some opinion on the product other than the distributor as well. If there's a better thread, I can go there....

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

Please....ask away. I am proud of Hawke glass and I know there are some owners here in the forum. I think the best reviews come from owners. Let it roll Goose. Don't take my word for it. :signs1111cr:

#6 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

hey goosebrown, i was in the same boat u were. i just purchased the hawke side winder tactical 30. the 4.5-14x42 half mil dot.man right out of the box this scope looked great. i mounted it onto my howa 1500 308. and it took me about 5 minutes to get sighted in at 200 yards. i just took it to the range today :signs1111cr: i am so pleased with hawke and the quality. red helped out alot the scope was on back order when i ordered it. i no ddumb me hahaha. but red was there and he gave me up to date news on the scopes and when they should be in. and he backs up the product 100% i really like hawke and so did alot of people at the range today when they were asking me what kinda scope it was. the range master really liked it and enjoyed shooting it. so out of my essay i can say i really support hawke and i will be getting more scopes when i need them from hawke.thanks red :pirashoot:

#7 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

Attached File  P102076711111.jpg   11.04KB   16 downloads my new hawke scope :lol:Attached File  P102076622.jpg   11.67KB   16 downloads

#8 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

:two-cents: I just realized that we owe you a free RedHunterLLC hat with the purchase of your new scope. We will be getting that right out to you. Sorry, I clean forgot about the promotion.

#9 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

Ohhhhh sweeet. Can't wait :two-cents:

#10 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

Your RedHunterLLC hat is on the way to ya. :)

#11 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

How much adjustment, how many MOA is there for elevation and windage?I am looking at the Sidewinder 30 Tactical 4.5-14x42...

#12 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

The Hawke Sidewinder Tactical 4.5-14X42 will give you a total of 80 1/4" clicks of elevation (40 up and 40 down) and the windage is the same.

#13 handgun

handgun

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Guns and Dogs

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

On the Members forum I posted pics of my 30-30 with its new Hawke HD IR. I zeroed it in this last Tuesday and love it. Does the elusive hat come with that model? :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:ps. maybe Shooterjohn would move my post from the Members Forum to the scope & Optics form?

#14 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:57 PM

Sure. The hat is coming soon. See my other post about ammo.

#15 handgun

handgun

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Guns and Dogs

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

Regarding the Leverevelution from Hornady? I did read your post and will pick some up and let you know my results.

#16 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

You will be impressed. It brought new life to my old 30-30 and my 35 loves it too.

#17 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:13 PM

Hi Red, I called a place in Oregon to follow up and, like you, they are out. They told me they'll have new scopes in two weeks. Yes, the Hawke scope is quickly catching on. The gunsmith I use spoke very highly of it and liked it better than the Bushnell Elite 6500. The Hawke is an impressive scope regardless of cost. Cost gives it the biggest bang for your buck!

#18 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

You will be impressed. It brought new life to my old 30-30 and my 35 loves it too.

Red, I'm picking up a lever action .45-70 and was planning on not putting a scope on it. What would you do?

#19 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

Red, I'm picking up a lever action .45-70 and was planning on not putting a scope on it. What would you do?

I just noticed your post and question Jim. Naturally, my opinion is free and worth exactly what you paid for it...LOL However, if I were going to scope a 45-70, I would go for a long eye-relief scout scope arrangement. It really works great on the carbine pictured below. It is very quick and keeps your eye well away from the scope. You can also use two eyes when following a target.The rifle below is scoped but my Marlin lever in .35 Remington has Williams ghost ring iron sights. The intended use of the .35 is pigs and deer. It's a good, hard hitting caliber and I have no problem putting the lead where I want it at 200-yards, especially with the Hornady Lever-evolution ammo. You'll have to decide exactly why you bought the 45-70 and what your intended purpose is. Once you have decided exactly what you'll be doing with it, you can set it up accordingly. Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users