5 replies to this topic

#1 1shot_1kill

1shot_1kill

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

I have bought this little guy about 2 months ago (WOW THIS THING IS FUN) and I have already put about a thousand rounds threw it, but I have been thinking about putting some optics on it to get a some longer range out of it but I am not sure what to use, If anybody has any info on this or owns one will you please post what you think or what you have done to your ruger? Thanks I would greatly appreciate it..Attached File  1.jpg   8.15KB   25 downloads

#2 45Colt

45Colt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

Sweet !
The old calibers and guns got the job doneKeep reloading-We may need it

#3 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

That model should be drilled and tapped. Drop a low powered scope, 2x or 4x, on top. Crosshairs are so much finer than iron sights that your groups should shrink, which will extend your range.

#4 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:57 AM

I have an Ultradot Matchdot on my single six I use for smallbore silhouette shoots. It makes shooting that pistol so accurate that my scores are about the same as my rifle scores. If you go with zero magnification, then you can shoot correctly with both eyes open, which when you get used to it, improves your hunting success by a huge margin because you have full peripheral vision, and of course it takes two eyes open to accurately judge distance. I like it so much I'm going to take the 4x scope off my Redhawk and put on another red dot sight.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#5 1shot_1kill

1shot_1kill

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

Thanks guys for the info. :signbummer8tl:

#6 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

that is really nice
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users