4 replies to this topic

#1 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

Possibly looking into purchasing one. Just wanted to no everyones opinions about this pistol. Good or bad all opinions help :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:
KLEVENO

#2 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

Nice pistol. I've got two. My Brigadier model has the heavier slide and was my competition gun in IDPA. The standard version is nice but doesn't feel as heavy duty. They're double action first shot then single action, so not as nice as single action all the way in my opinion like a Model 1911 .45 ACP. But you get used to pulling through the first shot, despite the heavy trigger. I prefer shooting a Model 1911 .45 ACP but 9mm is much cheaper to shoot and more available at Walmart than .45, plus has lower recoil.The 92FS feels well built, is easy to disassemble, clean and reassemble. The 115 gr 9mm Luger FMJ parabellum is easy to shoot, and is pretty low recoil. I prefer the Federal American Eagle 124 grain FMJ but it was harder to find during the shortage. Think it's flowing now, though. The gun is easy to shoot accurately out to 50 yards. You might check out the Sig Sauers, too. I've always been curious about them but haven't owned one.

#3 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:45 PM

Yeah I have always been interested in the 92fs. And I have a sw 40 and a 1911 just want to add a 9 mm to the collection. I have heard so many good things about the gun. Plus its a big bonus the military carries the m9. What do u think about the exposed barrel? And have u had any problems with your two pistols even the slightest?
KLEVENO

#4 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

I have to say, I haven't had any problems with my Berettas. I don't shoot them much nowadays because I'm into rifles. But I shot my Brigadier quite a bit in the past and never had a single jam or failure to fire. Haven't had any problem with the exposed barrel. It hasn't gotten dinged, or caught on a holster or anything. Forgot to mention the Beretta's pistol grip is fairly wide to accommodate high capacity magazines. So this may or may not be comfortable depending upon the size of the shooter's hand. But I'm 5'-10" of pretty average height and build and it's comfortable to my hand. You might want to rent one at a shooting range and try it out. I was thinking about getting a Browning High Power 9mm at one point but rented one and found that it pinched me between the thumb and index finger. Glad I rented first and didn't buy one! But the 92's are really comfortable.

#5 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

haha yeah I went last week to rent one. With my luck the gun was messed up and couldn't be used haha. Yeah I like rifles. But I have plenty of rifles right now. And I shot my dads cz 75b and it made me interested in the 9mm. And just always been interested in the beretta. Ha I no I will end up purchasing it. Just wanted to see what others have expierenced with the pistol.
KLEVENO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users