• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Handy Smurf

Handy Smurf

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Air gunsmithing, custom scope mounts, pest control hunting, quail hunting, reloading sailing, alpine skiing, and inventing.

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

I was looking for a short pistol scope for my HB22, and came across the NcSTARR 2X20. It was short enough to mount on the HB22 without covering the loading port, and the price was only $34.99 from Optics Planet.com, so I bought one! The scope came with dovetail mount rings that could be used with those nasty Crosman scope adapters, but I had a pair of mounts from an earlier project... Adjusting the objective lens to be parallax-free at 10 meters was extremely easy. No tools required! The optical quality, fit and finish are better than I expected for a $35 scope and I am pleased with it's performance.Attached File  1.jpg   12.01KB   31 downloads

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,330 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

That sure nice for the price! :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Hot Brass

Hot Brass

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

I have been looking for a scope to mount on my 1377. Thanks for the tip.

#4 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:59 AM

NcStar also has a lifetime warranty on their scopes which I found surprising for the price point. Their headquarters is here in the Los Angeles area and I have met a few of the management from there. I have become more and more impressed with them lately.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#5 Handy Smurf

Handy Smurf

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Air gunsmithing, custom scope mounts, pest control hunting, quail hunting, reloading sailing, alpine skiing, and inventing.

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

I found the barrel of the 1377 to be mounted between a plastic breech and plastic front sight/pump tube plug. This allows a slight amount of barrel movement, detrimentally affecting the gun's accuracy. My solution was to build a scope mount that physically locks the barrel in alignment with the scope, greatly improving accuracy.Attached File  7.jpg   14.78KB   4 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users