10 replies to this topic

#1 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

She has an ar and damn she is Annie Oakley, she smokes clays and tannerite at 100-150 yards with open sights all day. She also is a ccwer, with a 40,38spl, or here lcp. She isn't really a fan of felt recoil or the 12 gauge. The gun will be used for targets, birds, and dogs. She also has very expensive taste and fell in love with a pricey benelli semi-auto 20 gauge. The salesman told her all about the recoil reducing gas system. Does anyone know of a less expensive semi in 20 gauge with a recoil reducer? Only reason I want her to get a cheaper one is that I really don't think she will use the shotgun too much. Please don't say the 410 upper for her ar. She shot my 450 bushmaster and it wasn't too bad. I am looking for ideas and thanks in advance.

#2 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

Look at a Browning 2-shot Twelvette! I'll bet she'd like it and the price should be around $300. if you can find one.

#3 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

I'd look at the Beretta 391 too. I think it kicks less than the Benelli. The Franchi is also a less expensive gun. They are all part of the same company Beretta owns them all.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#4 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

A Tristar Viper might be a perfect fit...nice and light, purdy and w/ options. http://www.tristarsp...duct_viper.html

#5 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

I have a 12 ga Franchi semi auto that's light to carry and a real pleasure to shoot. You can probably pick it up new for $600, less used.

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:44 AM

I'd take a look at the Browning Silver Micro. If she doesn't need a short stock then a standard length Silver Hunter would be the way to go.http://www.browning....-micro-firearms
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#7 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

Thanks, I will let her know.

#8 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

A Tristar Viper might be a perfect fit...nice and light, purdy and w/ options. http://www.tristarsp...duct_viper.html

Stay away from those Turkish POS's unless you don't care about resale or functioning or fit. They do have a 5 yr. warranty if they are around that long.

#9 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:46 AM

I have a .28 ga Franchi that I'm sure would be perfect for her. Something in like-new condition, semi-auto would be perfect! The price would also be right.

#10 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:20 AM

Love the 28 ga. I've shot the little Franchi 28 auto and it's sweet. I've got an O/U Beretta 28 that's sweet too. The trouble with the 28 ga. is ammo availability and shot size selection. I think you would be undergunned for Coyote. The 20 ga. with a 3" chamber would do what you need.

#11 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

I agree and that's why I recommended a light 12 ga.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users