12 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

Well i decided too make my own bench . I made it heavy I don't plan on moving it I am going too chain it too concrete so nobody can steal it. I used what ever steel I had laying around the base is 3 inch oil pipe and 1 1/2 for the legs . We have river bottom and I made a 100 yard range.I made a big sand mound too shoot into .Yes that is a pillow case full of sand i am cheap....... :lol: It works great my Ruger 270 Win grouped very well I will take a pic tomorrow and post it. That gun in the pic is my Friends old Remington 30-06 i never seen one like it before ,but it shoots good.Attached File  shootingbench__Small_.JPG   47.3KB   12 downloads

#2 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:02 AM

Great job. Nothing is more satisfying than building something with your own hands. Except for maybe building it with your own hands and it turning out right.Jason

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:39 AM

Cool shooting bench Johnny! :lol: For a sandbag take the leg off an old pair of Levis and turn it inside out and sew one end shut completely. Sew 3/4 of the other end and turn the leg back right-side out through the hole you left. Fill with sand and sew shut and you'll have a sandbag that will last you forever. A good bench makes all of the difference if you're doing target work. :lol:

#4 Guest_coyoteslayer_*

Guest_coyoteslayer_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:23 PM

How much does that thing weigh? Looks like you did a good job.Hey John good idea on the shooting bags that would save someone 50 to 100 bucks

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:24 AM

It doesn't weigh enough I am scared someone is going too take it. The pants leg is a good idea I have some cut out already . I am going too chain the table too something heavy today. thanks for the feed back guys.... :lol:

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:48 AM

Nice work! Looks like you've got plenty of sand around there!

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:47 AM

Nothing like having a welder and some steel on hand for those afternoon projects. :lol:

#8 John

John

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Bench Rest Shooting,Reloading,Fishing,Camping and the great outdoors

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:53 PM

Rugged looking bench! It looks as though it will make it through the big one (Earth Quake) ;)

#9 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:21 PM

Nothing like having a welder and some steel on hand for those afternoon projects. ;)

You got that right SJ and its also nice when it doesn't cost you anything either... ;) I went out too day and shot 100 yard groups with my factory gun and factory 130 silvertip ammo. Attached File  100_0941__Small_.JPG   36.92KB   9 downloads I need a better rest The forend is cradled in the sand bag and the but of the stock is on my shoulder .Theres room for error there.

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:05 PM

Get yourself a piece of 4X4 to put your front sandbag up on. Then get a smaller sandbag to let the butt of the gun rest on it will make a big difference.

#11 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:25 AM

Hey, those are some pretty explosive bullets! They expanded and disinigrated after hitting the Birtchwood Casey targets, and they didn't even leave a mark on the wood behind it! ;)

#12 Rosa Cattle Breeding

Rosa Cattle Breeding

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Fly Fishing And Photography

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:48 PM

Hey Johnny......Cool Bench! How the heck you been? I have breeding LOTS of cows. It has been crazy. You want to go shooting sometime?Throw me an email!Ronnie

#13 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:00 PM

Hey Johnny......Cool Bench! How the heck you been? I have breeding LOTS of cows. It has been crazy. You want to go shooting sometime?Throw me an email!Ronnie

You know I lived in welding shop during high school........ :rolleyes: I just love building things.......SO how you been you must have a strong arm by now.. ME and Ronnie went too high school together the funny thing we haven't talked too each other since we found our selves on the CPC......We should go kill something as soon as deer is over with in D-6.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users