3 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:08 PM

Well we went again for the White Seabass but the fish were not cooperating . We got EVERYTHING but Whites . One guy even got a Lobster that let go of the hook just as he was swinging it over . Not legal to keep but still pics . My brother got a fat assed 24" Halibut . Guitarfish , sculpin , Calico's , A Goat ( sheepshead ) late in the day one guy hooked into what felt like the right kind just to have it spit the hook 10 min later . Then i hooked what should been a 50+ lber . After fighting out of the kelp on staright 25# mono , the crew couldn't believe thats what I was using , it started running out . I got a little , it took a little . after 30 min I got it to color but its too dark ... Freakin 100lb ( crews guess) Black Seabass . Live release but no pic . I would like to have a pic as I have not caught one let alone one that big . After it swam away the 2nd Capt said that he was " impressed" that I got it out of the weeds & actually got it to the boat on straight 25# mono . I told him it was just patience & a fish . Thats the key to any fish , any line size . If I loose it , I loose it . Andy

#2 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:19 PM

:lol: way to go Andy :lol:
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,685 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:55 PM

Are your arms tierd? . That had to be a good fight. :welcomeani:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,025 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:55 PM

That's a fight for sure. After something like that you probably walk around with you arms up over your head because they aren't being pulled down.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users