3 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:08 PM

Well we went again for the White Seabass but the fish were not cooperating . We got EVERYTHING but Whites . One guy even got a Lobster that let go of the hook just as he was swinging it over . Not legal to keep but still pics . My brother got a fat assed 24" Halibut . Guitarfish , sculpin , Calico's , A Goat ( sheepshead ) late in the day one guy hooked into what felt like the right kind just to have it spit the hook 10 min later . Then i hooked what should been a 50+ lber . After fighting out of the kelp on staright 25# mono , the crew couldn't believe thats what I was using , it started running out . I got a little , it took a little . after 30 min I got it to color but its too dark ... Freakin 100lb ( crews guess) Black Seabass . Live release but no pic . I would like to have a pic as I have not caught one let alone one that big . After it swam away the 2nd Capt said that he was " impressed" that I got it out of the weeds & actually got it to the boat on straight 25# mono . I told him it was just patience & a fish . Thats the key to any fish , any line size . If I loose it , I loose it . Andy

#2 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:19 PM

:lol: way to go Andy :lol:

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:55 PM

Are your arms tierd? . That had to be a good fight. :welcomeani:

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:55 PM

That's a fight for sure. After something like that you probably walk around with you arms up over your head because they aren't being pulled down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users