• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Barticus

Barticus

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Hogs, upland game, deern coyotes.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:01 PM

Attached File  1.jpg   22.36KB   31 downloads

I just put the second color on my truck. I was originaly going to put darker green tiger stripes too, but after looking at it with the two color scheme, I kinda like it. Next I'm going to put some 31's on and a 2" body lift. Oh, and paint the rims. Don't make sense to have a camo'd truck with shiny chrome rims.

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:47 PM

A BODY LIFT!!! REALLY! Please do your self a favor and do not put a body lift on your 4x4. If you can't afford a suspension lift then just hold off until you can. Body lifts are a waste and serve no real purpose on a 4x4.

#3 Barticus

Barticus

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

Won't it give me clearance?

#4 JRW

JRW

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:16 PM

The only clearance it will give you is in the wheel wells to allow you to put bigger tires on your truck. As you are literally lifting the body of your truck off of the frame you will have a space between them that can make it easier to work on things like the tranny and transfer case. On the other side of that coin everything that is attached to the frame will not be moving up with the cab. the radiator and fan will be lower than stock so there will not be quite as much cooling air blown on the engine, also coolant lines may have to be lengthened. Your tranny and T/C will now be farther away from the cab so if it is a manual your gear shift and 4 wheel drive selector lever will now be lower in the cab and you will have to reach lower or lengthen them. You will have to make your battery cables longer cuz your battery box is probably attached to the fender and will be moving up. Post body lift there will be gaps between the cab and your bumpers as they are attached to the frame, you can get brackets that move them up but then they loose strength and wont do what they are intended to do. I have also heard of them actually tearing out of the body of the truck if used in hard core wheelin. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Nice Camo Job! JW

#5 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

Looks good to me! Flat black for the rims?

#6 Barticus

Barticus

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

Thanks for the info. A lot of things I hadn't thought of. Guess I"ll have to wait and save for the suspension lift. Going to be a few bucks with the IFS. Wish I had a straight axle on it. And as far as the rims go, I'm going with tan.

#7 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:44 PM

I'll bet you can pick up an axle from an older model toy and do a conversion pretty easily. Check the toyota forums and you will be able to find the info needed.

#8 Barticus

Barticus

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:10 PM

Thanks Jawbreaker. I'll do just that.

#9 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:21 AM

Lookin' nice. Sort of like a duck truck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users