#1 375ranger

375ranger

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Varmint hunting, ATV's, Fishing

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:13 AM

Hey there, kickin around a new shotty for yote huntin. Been lookin at a Mossberg 535ATS Turkey gun. The model I was looking at has a new adj. trigger like the Savage accutrigger, model 45452. The only other gun I thought of was the Benelli Supernova. I do have an older 870 Express set up for HD, but would not want to change back and forth for hunting. Any opinions on my choice? Good/Bad? Thanks.

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

That mossy would be just about perfect. Shoulder a synthetic stocked mossy before you buy one. They have to much drop at the heel for me and they bust me in the cheek pretty bad with those big loads.Benelli makes a good product, they're fugly, but good products. They are great waterfowl guns but they used to be plagued with a rattling forearm that many turkey hunters didn't like, they may have fixed that problem by now but I'd check one out at a store before you buy.By the way, whats your price limit for your new yote gun? There are alot of great autos out there and they take alot of the bite out of those 3.5 inch loads.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#3 375ranger

375ranger

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Varmint hunting, ATV's, Fishing

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

I was thinkin around 500-750 or so. I shot my buddies mossy 500 turkey gun last winter, it felt pretty good. I liked the safety position which is totally different than my 870's. What autos would you recommend that won't break the bank?

#4 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

Well now, that opens up the playing field. If you want a great quality pump look no further than the Browning BPS. It has the tang safety like the mossberg, it is a really good quality gun with a solid steel receiver and bottom ejection. If you get a camo model they come with the dura touch coating on the stocks and that stuff is great. It feels like rubber and really helps you to grip the gun on a cold wet day. It's a bit heavy but 3.5 inch shells are no fun in a light weight gun anyway. As far as autos go, the mossberg 935 would do it and stay well under your price range. They had some issues at first but from what I've read they've ironed out the bugs in that model. The only hitch is that if you decide to take it dove hunting or shoot some clay it may not function with 1 1/8 oz. cheapo loads. The Remington 11-87 super mag would stay in that price range but quality has been hit and miss with them. The Browning Silver Hunter is a bit higher than the upper limit of your price ceiling but I can say with personal experience that it is a great shotgun. It has all the same inner workings of the winchester super x 3 but it costs a few hundred dollars less.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#5 yoteblaster

yoteblaster

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Huntin' yotes, Huntin', fishin', Atv'n, Campin', shootin'Military history

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

here is mine I picked up from Bass Pro in Dec. 2009, w/tax otd 600.00 If I can remember correct...I love it, nice and light, good stock pattern!Attached File  1.jpg   5.22KB   28 downloads
SEMPER FI - It means... Always Faithful! Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap - life is expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users