6 replies to this topic

#1 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

I am in a bad spot..my rifle slipped off the shooting stand today.The scope tube is slightly tweaked to one side. How do I fix this?Do I slide the scope tube back into the mounts to try and true up the device?I am clueless.Your experience would be much appreciated.Rob S.

#2 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

If you have a Leupold, send it back for repair. If you have a chinese manufactured scope, shed a tear & order a new scope. If you try to straighten it, good luck. Have never heard of anyone fixing a bent scope.

#3 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

Its time for some warranty work perhaps? I have only heard of one kind of scope that held true when the tube bent and I saw it myself at the shot show. That was a shepherd scope.http://www.shepherdscopes.com/

#4 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:02 AM

Rob, send it back to the manufacturer. Chances are, if it's a Leupold, they'll send you a new one. If not, you're out of luck! Don't attempt to fix a bent scope... won't work. Sorry about the mishap, it happens to all of us. My Clackamas Kimber fell off the bench a few years ago, damaging the beautiful stock. The Vari-XII took the brunt of the impact. Nothing happened to the scope, thanks to the Butler Creek on the objective. It insulated the scope from the concrete pavement. The scope still hold zero.

#5 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:11 AM

Many thanks for the valuable information.Time to break out the wallet.

#6 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

Many thanks for the valuable information.Time to break out the wallet.

Don't give up yet. I would send the scope back to the manufacturer and enclose a nice letter with it saying how much you like their product. Explain the situation and perhaps, in the name of customer relations, they will send you a replacement.Seriously, that is another reason to buy products from a company that will act as your advocate to the manufacturer. If you had bought the scope from me, I would take the lead for you and pressure my manufacturer's rep to replace the scope for good PR. It pays to have a vendor like RedHunterLLC that will have your back; even when you make a mistake and screw up the product. I have bailed out my customers more than once.Try a letter of explanation, flatter the manufacturer and see what happens. You have nothing to lose but a stamp.

#7 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

CA Desert Dog nailed it for you. Follow his lead. I always tell them how much I love their products and I ask them to look up my account and see how money I have spent. It has always worked for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users