5 replies to this topic

#1 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:18 AM

He mentioned putting a light on them so i did my side door light casts out easy the 20 yards to my feeder and i have shot many that way in the past . So yesterday i set my white board back up on the wood pile and put out some seed i figured i would leave the light on and set up the driveway sensor . Around 11:30 i was watching hockey and realized i never put on the light or sensor i flick on the light and walk to the window to turn on the sensor and hot dog there mr rat getting his. Not even thinking about the dead wife from the day before .The weather here on LI has been awesome and i don't have screens in my windows never did and sure as beans the R7 which i now call the joykiller or josefine after my x wife is at her ready . He slipped behind some wood and about 3 minutes later he was eating lead thats flying through the night .Posted Imagemy white board at 20 yards and last nights quarry whoooooooo life is good Posted Image

#2 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:23 AM

:smiley_green_with_envy:

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,481 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:20 AM

Nice one Chris you grow them big back there on Long Island. You need to shoot them before you fatten them up. :smiley_green_with_envy:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:48 AM

Way to go Chris...!! When I was shooting rats inside my friends barn, there were no lights..just light coming thru big barn doors..this made shooting tough up in the rafters..Yesterday,I went back and there were some 12 foot long steel corugated roof panels leaning lengthwise along a wall in the barn.I heard noises,and some rats were running along inside the corugations...I had to get down on my knees and shoot them that way from one end.....light from outside barn was shining down corugations and da rats were highligted....I could even see their reflection on inside of the panels.. I'm going to get a light for my pistol with a remote switch...lol

#5 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:42 PM

Yes john we do get some big ones what do you exspect it's NY the rat capitol of the world .CH i have the finger switch light that attaches to your scope the rats are fast and learn quick as soon as they see the light there gone i no longer use it . You will get a few until they wise up thanks again guys lots of fun shooting rats PS until i put a gas ram in my varmint hunter i had a jim maccari spring it shot preds at 875 fps and very accurate and powerful til 50 yards , and yes it went clean through tree rats at 40 yrds. now i shoot 10.5 grain cp's at 905 fps a deadly combo

#6 Handy Smurf

Handy Smurf

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Air gunsmithing, custom scope mounts, pest control hunting, quail hunting, reloading sailing, alpine skiing, and inventing.

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:41 PM

When I was in high school, I got 10 cents per rat in a turkey brooder. I would hang out with my Sheridan in the rafters of the 440 ft. long building at night and protect 20,000 baby turkeys from the rats who found the turkeys "tasty"!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users