8 replies to this topic

#1 longboard

longboard

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:56 AM

Last night [early evening] my wife calls to me "the gopher is standing up in his hole". Having missed said gopher last Sunday I was out for blood. Went to the closet loaded my gamo with a .177 hollow point and one cock of the barrel and I was out the glass door. He was still there looking around, lined him up in the cross hairs, safety off, squeze..........SNAP! Where did he go? Shot looked good, Honey bring me the flash light. Head shot, fell right back in his tunnel. The Gamo is virgin no more. Love back yard hunting. Longboard

#2 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

:lol:

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:20 PM

I gas them using my shop vac hose from my car exhaust......with my cat out at night,I would never get a chance for a shot...lol..

#4 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

Sweet job LB what gamo do you have and do you know that a aftermarket trigger works wounders for it .feel free to post a picture of the vermin .

#5 Bobby B

Bobby B

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

Nice work! which model Gamo do you have?

#6 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:44 PM

I believe this calls for a nice dinner out for the wife. She seen it and brought you the flashlight so you could varify the kill. I would have it mounted ....in on the kitchen wall. Just for her. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: :oops: :signbs1zn:

#7 longboard

longboard

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for the replies! The rifle is a Gamo Expo 28 with a Simmons 4x32 scope. The trigger is not target grade at all. YILKES! I have to do the "just right hold" to make the shot, but it is sure is a killer when I do my part. Longboard

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

Great gopher story...got one similar...up on the hill in my backyard I get squirrels...and gophers up there too...well,I went up and cleared some brush to open lanes of fire...and plugged up some old squirrel holes...next day,seen a squirrel up there...shot him with my 850 CO2 .177...and he tried digging franically into a gopher hole I left open...but died before I got up there..PICS..Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:53 AM

Longboard there's aftermarket triggers for your gamo that make it so much better and they go in easy and in 5 minutes https://www.airgunso...ona.com/GTX.htm .crazyhorse thats a sweet looking gun for sure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users