#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:49 AM

Ranch owner called and asked if I could come back and check his property for squirrels. I had cleared out over 160 squirrels on his property last year.I got 6 squirrels,and all those were from his neighbors property. (I have permission to shoot on the adjacent properties if necessary)...Interesting is I did not find any squirrel burrows on his ranch.. .so effort last year really paid off...PICS..Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

I have been working for a rancher also. The last place he told me to shoot, I killed 12 squeaks in about 2 hours. I have been using my FX Revulotion .22 caliber. I found out something about my self during this hunt. Almost all my shots were 53 yards. I found out that it is not the killing.... it is just the fact that you can HIT what you are aiming at 95 per cent of the time. That is where the satisfaction is in hunting or even target shooting is.... for me anyways.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:44 AM

Rich, Rich, Rich you have to leave some for seed. :D :lol: Murph, you nail it it's not the killing but the sport in shooting to hit your target.

#4 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:18 PM

Think I left two...lol...Mr Del... I was able to get within 35 yards of the burrow...after taking one squirrel with my 850 .177..,I moved back to to try my Dominator .22 at 62 yards...it shoots 30 FPE muzzle,and litterly dropped them in their tracks...and just for drill,I took one with my Discovery .22 which shoots 26 FPE...not much difference between the two rifles ...impact was devastating....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users