9 replies to this topic

#1 Bill D.

Bill D.

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:12 PM

I liked the slip-on windshield so much that I added more Lexan below the gun rest and now it is like sitting in a convertible at fast speed. I used to freeze my jewels off on the scooter coming in a night in the winter time because of the wind chill. Hoping the vacuum created will suck up some engine heat too. Also, added a second gun rack so I can carry a squirrel sniper and a yote rifle. Attached File  Recon_2gun.jpg   91.26KB   31 downloads

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,194 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:39 PM

It's looking good Bill. :) Where are you going to install the refrigerator? :) ;)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:53 PM

It's looking good Bill. ;) Where are you going to install the refrigerator? :) ;)

John's just being silly. What he really meant was the big screen TV. :P :) With the addition of the windscreen, how easy is the access to the rifle? It looks like you have to exit the quad and get to the front of the vehicle to remove it from its rack.db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,194 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:13 PM

John's just being silly. What he really meant was the big screen TV. :P ;)

No I wasn't Dave! That Plasma TV is not coming off of my riding lawn mower to go on some quad! :) :PBesides I already have a reclining chair on that zero turn mower. I was hoping Bill would have some ideas on where the refrigerator might go. :) ;)

Time waits for no one--

#5 Bill D.

Bill D.

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:27 PM

It's looking good Bill. :) Where are you going to install the refrigerator? :) ;)

John - I have a soft ice chest in my gear box that works real good.....holds 4 drinks plus the freezer packs. The bottom upzips and there is a tupperware container for sandwiches and snacks.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,194 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:30 PM

Bill, you've got it covered then. Now where are you going to mount that Plasma TV? :)

Time waits for no one--

#7 Bill D.

Bill D.

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:38 PM

John's just being silly. What he really meant was the big screen TV. :) :) With the addition of the windscreen, how easy is the access to the rifle? It looks like you have to exit the quad and get to the front of the vehicle to remove it from its rack.db

You are right......have to dismount to get the front gun. This evening was a perfect example.....when the sun got close to the horizon, I stopped and swapped gun positions and had the Hornet rifle handy. Not 15 minutes later, I got a running shot at a coyote and just shaved some hair off the top of his back.....probably would not have got a shot at all if I had not swapped the guns around. Most of the time I have a pretty good idea when and where I might encounter a coyote so I'll just have to be ready. The worst thing that could happen is having to shoot a coyote with the "wrong" gun......I have been very successful doing that.

#8 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:42 PM

Bill,Can you find room to mount one of these on the Evil Green Machine? It is good for ground and aerial targets. You might not have enough ammo if you use it for squirrels, the magazine only holds a thousand rds. Let's see a thousand rds of 20 MM, you might have to get some heavy duty springs. :lol: :lol: I don't remember how you get it to fire one round at a time. :angry: Posted ImageThis was cropped from a US Navy photo taken by Journalist 3rd Class Zack Baddorf. (credit where credit is due).A17Shooter

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#9 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,712 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:20 PM

Bill your going to have to get a dish for the plasma tv Cable TV just will not work theres goes your lap top and cable modem.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#10 sangerpb

sangerpb

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, ATV, Computer Games

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:01 PM

nice setup, I need a gunrack like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users