6 replies to this topic

#1 Karl

Karl

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:02 PM

Fished the Soquel Hole area all morning with nothing to show. Bayside reported only two salmon caught all day. Ran FBR's and purple hoochie. 30'-90' otw. Decided a little to late to go for halibutt. By the time we got to the mile bouy the sheep were starting to graze. Missed a few short strikes then had to go in.Maybe next time. Weather in Santa Cruz was great!Karl
Karl

#2 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:51 PM

If you were where the sheep were starting to graze, it could be that you were fishing to shallow. ;) :WTF_1: ;) Better luck..... you know!!!

#3 Karl

Karl

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:50 AM

;) For those who are not familiar with the term "The sheep were starting to graze". When the winds in the Ocean reach about 12-13 knots the waves start whitecapping. Thus giving the appearance of sheep grazing in a field. A term that has been used longer then I have been around. ;)
Karl

#4 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:50 AM

Yea I was out at Soquel Thursday in the rain. No sheep and no fish. Fished the west side the east side ran to the south side of the canyon and even went to Mulligan's for not a scratched bait. I'm going to start fishing for Kokes at Melones or Kings at Pedro. There's a ton of krill in the bay but not to many salmon. Tiny little pinner anchovies. It doesn't look good.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#5 Karl

Karl

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:22 PM

Yea I was out at Soquel Thursday in the rain. No sheep and no fish. Fished the west side the east side ran to the south side of the canyon and even went to Mulligan's for not a scratched bait. I'm going to start fishing for Kokes at Melones or Kings at Pedro. There's a ton of krill in the bay but not to many salmon. Tiny little pinner anchovies. It doesn't look good.

Makes you wonder with all the bait in the bay if they just aren't hungry or if they moved on up the hill.I hear they are starting to catch a few up at deep reef. ???I think we decided our next trip out is going to be with tanks and Halibut will be the target.Sure would like to get some pink meat on the grill though!Good Luck on your fishing.Karl
Karl

#6 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

We did good at Pedro today. Nothing big but four of us brought home a limit of 20 little kings. Had a good time with good friends. I'm hearing that the Or. coast opened last Sat. and was a bust too. I might just go out and catch a bucket of sand dabs when I head over there tomorrow.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#7 Karl

Karl

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:09 AM

Nice job at Pedro! Sounds like a good time.Good luck on the dabs.Karl
Karl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users