4 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:08 AM

Hi, I was given a cleaning kit that goes into the stock. Not sure if anything is missing, when I was in there was just the steel rods. This one comes with the cable and a few things I have no clue as to their purpose. One, is a orange plastic curved thing lol. Another, is a brass pin of some kind about 2 inches long. Does anyone know anything about this kit and all that is suppose to be in it? thx robert
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#2 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:18 AM

The orange thing goes in the chamber to show it is unloaded, the brass pin is used for disassembling, also there should be a tooth brushHi, I was given a cleaning kit that goes into the stock. Not sure if anything is missing, when I was in there was just the steel rods. This one comes with the cable and a few things I have no clue as to their purpose. One, is a orange plastic curved thing lol. Another, is a brass pin of some kind about 2 inches long. Does anyone know anything about this kit and all that is suppose to be in it? thx robert
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

#3 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:54 AM

No actually there isn't one in this one. I have my cleaning kit that that is either mounted on the ruck sack or belt, it has the brush and all the tools still. I was just trying to get as a complete cleaning kit for the stock if I could. I figured the orange thing was some kind of barrel plug but just wanted to confirm. thx
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#4 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

Sounds like your kit ia an "Otis" cleaning kit. The cable is for pulling the jag and brush thru the bore kinda like a bore snake The plastic orange piece if it is curved like a "J", is for placing the curved end into the chamber. It actually gathers light and allows you to see down the bore from the muzzle end and see how clean or dirty it is.http://www.otisgun.c...id=3835754.6212

#5 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:41 AM

This was my first thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users