22 replies to this topic

#1 gbp

gbp

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageBushnell Trophy Cam
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,216 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:59 PM

What's the story, what did the scumbag get away with?

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 gbp

gbp

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:38 PM

all he took was the pack off my mountain bike. the whole bike was unlocked at the time and he could have just ridden the whole thing away.aparently the IR did not seem to bother him in fact i don't think he realised he was being photographed at alli set up the trail cams around my house to suppliment the alarm system. the neighborhood has had a series of breakins lately although most happen during the day.the police said they were the best pics they had ever seen and quissed me about the cams but weren't really interested to taking the pics as if they did they would have to write a report that would only go into a file never to be seen again
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#4 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:48 PM

...the police said they were the best pics they had ever seen and quissed me about the cams but weren't really interested to taking the pics as if they did they would have to write a report that would only go into a file never to be seen again

Wow! If that doesn't sum up the times we're living in! Our tax dollars at work. :roflmao3[1]: What police agency told you that? I wonder if the local newspaper would like to run those photos, accompanied by an interview with that lazy cop and/or his lieutenant plus your City Council or County Board of Supervisors? Odds are this thief is a local meth tweeker who could probably be identified easily with such outstanding photos.Let me guess... You also live in a city/county where no one is issued a CCW because they tell you law enforcement is there, eager and ready to protect you, right? DANG! That ticks me off!
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#5 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:36 PM

Make 8.5x11 copies and post them around town.

#6 gbp

gbp

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:07 AM

no ccw's here in Contra Costa Countyi could have forced the issue but in reality pittsburg has like many been hit with budget cuts and resources are at a premium. i really just offered up the pics in case they would help in any on-going investigation they may have in the area. i have printed up a set and shown them to my neighbors three of which are single or widdowed women, two of those have had their houses broken into in the last 6 months during the day. one at 3:00 in the afternoon on a weekday (when everybody is working) the other at 2:00 in a sunday. we all live at the end of a culdisack.a set will also make its way to the community mailbox area
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#7 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:27 AM

You really should contact the Watch Commander of the Police Department where you live and explain what occurred when you contacted the Police. Those photos are a great piece of evidence. That guy not only stole from you but sure as hell is stealing from a lot of others. He may even be violent and responsible for some reported and/or unreported violent crimes not only in your community, but those surrounding you. It is possible that those photos are just what is needed to solve a rash of crimes, and if the officer you spoke to does not recognize that fact or was too lazy to do what he/she was supposed to, his/her supervisors need to know about it. Those photos may just save somebody else the grief of being ripped off or even worse...getting hurt, by getting the guy identified.All the Police/Sheriff's Deptartments in the Bay Area have access to a network that allows them to share photos like what you have with each other and distribute them to every law enforcement agenciy in the state if need be. Somebody out there can identify him.Good luck and sorry you got ripped off.

#8 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:51 AM

I have heard from our Sheriff in the past to always report the crime and they will take a report because they have had cases solved, major cases because of something that seemed trivial or insignificant. As was pointed out, those pictures could be the key to solving a major string of crimes including serious crimes such as assault. The cops attitude towards this crime is just stupid. What if they showed that picture to someone a few blocks over that was sexually assaulted and it turns out to be that same guy. Suddenly they have excellent photos to help catch the bad guy. Just blowing it off was dumb on their part. I would definitely go up the chain and if that didn't work I'd got to the media.

#9 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:52 AM

He looked like a zombie. Email a reporter from your local newspaper, or even call your local TV station. Those are good pics and would make a good story. Small crimes that go untouched lead to bigger crimes. You should get that sign that has a revolver on it, that says"Don't worry about the dog, worry about the owner."Its sad that you had to go through that, but good idea on posting the trail cams.

#10 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:40 AM

I had the same kind of response when i lived in San Diego. At ten o'clock at night I received three shots throught my pick-up front window and two shots thru my front room window. We had just gone to bed, lucky for us. Because of past problem in the area, I had placed a video camera on the inside of my garage wall facing out to the street and recorded for 6 hours AFTER I went to bed at night. Yep, I had it on video....almost. I had the Volvo green station wagon driving by very slow with a person in the back seat with a rifle in his hands. It DID NOT show him aim and shoot the gun. That occured out of frame, either before or after. The *time* DID match the video *time*. I called the police, and they showed within 15 minutes. I showed them the tape. "You do NOT HAVE THE SMOKING GUN." "You have no proof they are the ones who shot your windows. Of course "NO REPORT."I figured with that kind of police work.... I could find a better place to live. Within two weeks I moved up to where I now live. Sold my house and got out of San Diego. Pronto!!

#11 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:19 PM

Serve and Protect? Hmm seems like some LE offices need a new Motto.. thats sad...
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#12 gbp

gbp

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

even the supreme court ruled they are under no obligation to "Protect"
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#13 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:11 PM

I called the police, and they showed within 15 minutes. I showed them the tape. "You do NOT HAVE THE SMOKING GUN." "You have no proof they are the ones who shot your windows. Of course "NO REPORT."

With cops like that, who needs criminal defense attorneys?
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#14 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:20 AM

I had a drive by, the sheriff deputy said he thought it was ricochets from someone shooting in a field across the street. I told him he was full of it. You could see the different angles of penetration the bullets made as they drove by. It was a small cal. The second time they used a large cal., it was lucky that I had my horse trailer parked in front of my house, stopped the bullet. I didn't even bother to call the cops.

#15 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:35 AM

some homeless meth head looking for an easy grab
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#16 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:26 AM

Definitely someone with problems. He is clean cut, decent shape. Wears two watches, doesn't tie his shoes and goes for an easy grab. He will probably toss the bag and keep the contents if they are worth anything. Probably not homeless but he was also scoping the place out is my guess. Have the 00 buck waiting for him if he comes when your at home. Sorry you have to deal with this. It happened to me 2 years ago on Thanksgiving morning. Car window got smashed and they grabbed my hunting pack full of binos knifes etc. set me back some cash.

#17 theseacow

theseacow

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:hunting big game, predators, birds and varmints. fishing.

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:52 AM

when did u buy the trophy cam? I also have a bushnell trophy cam and it time stamps the photos differently then yours.

#18 gbp

gbp

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

these are supposedly the latest 8meg trophy cams, will take a 16gig card etc ehrtr yhr older ones would only take a 2gig card. i have two others that are three meg cams
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#19 indyjrt

indyjrt

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:19 PM

That's the easiest report to write with good evidence. Shame on those lazy deputies.

#20 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:04 PM

Seems likely that if you ever found the POS and he were to end up with the everlivin' :signlol2iu: kicked out of him...the police wouldn't bother to write that up either. I would definitely go to the media w/ this...Fox News would be my choice.

#21 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:16 PM

Fox News seems to be the only actual news channel left out there.

#22 goosebrown

goosebrown

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Ceramics. WEB programming. Varmint hunting and possibly pig hunting.

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:19 AM

Posters around town on all the light poles labled "thief"Someone will know him. Even if you don't catch him, you embarrass him to his friends/family.
Keep your family close... and armed.Matt Brown

#23 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:26 PM

all he took was the pack off my mountain bike. the whole bike was unlocked at the time and he could have just ridden the whole thing away.

Sorry, I know this is an old post but I just noticed it. First, it would be hard for him to ride away on the bike with two nearly-flat tires.Second, I would post this picture on the front of your home. If he does try to come back later, at least he will know he is being watched.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users