7 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:03 AM

Anyone have any experience with them? I read the great reviews for them on Midway and decided to try them on my Savage,

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:18 AM

Anyone have any experience with them? I read the great reviews for them on Midway and decided to try them on my Savage,

You must have read about the high rings? I assume you are talking about their Weaver style as they make two types of quick release. I bought some from Wal-Mart that they were selling. It didn't hold tight enough and would not return anywhere near POA. My experience is more like this one I read on MidWay regarding the medium rings. I think it probably has more to do with the bases. I can't seem to buy something without there being a problem with it. Poor quality control and Leupold treated me the same way. :lol: Review:Works OK on most Weaver style mounts but would not clamp tight enough on factory Browning Buckmark rail. Also found one stripped screw on one set. Surprised that Leupold Rep. did not seem to care about problems when called.Was this review helpful? Yes | No13 found it helpful | 2 did not

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:44 AM

I think we're talking about different products. Here's what I got.http://www.midwayusa...leitemid=113717Attached File  highresimage.jpg   17.62KB   27 downloads

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:32 AM

That's what I was wondering because I purchased the Weaver style and I was very unhappy with them. That Leupold guy just sort of didn't care either. I'm still waiting almost 2 years for a replacement they told me was in production for another of their bases. Yes I've contacted them several times and still nothing. But at first it was a high priority on their part. ;) :lol: I think they aren't going to send me a replacement. :lol:

Time waits for no one--

#5 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:36 AM

Ahh come on John give them a little more time :lol:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:54 AM

Ahh come on John give them a little more time :lol:

I think they've scratched me off their to do list. But when I originally contacted them, it was a problem they were aware of and they were producing a replacement. Yeah sure, and I'll hold my breath waiting for it too. I threw their mount in the drawer in case they ever replace it. ;) :lol:

Time waits for no one--

#7 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:00 AM

That bites they didn't take care of you. I'd say that you're now SOL.

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:06 AM

That bites they didn't take care of you. I'd say that you're now SOL.

That's putting it nicely! :lol: But I'm hurting them financially by no longer buying their cheap products that they don't stand behind. :P They've gone downhill since the Leupold Stevens name change too. ;) See I'm already hurting them they've had to take on a partner. :lol: ;) ;)

Time waits for no one--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users