10 replies to this topic

#1 Birddog 1

Birddog 1

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

Hello everyone I am looking for a good range finder the one I HAD someone else wanted it more then I :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log: .I will be useing it for all my hunting needs archery, ML, and cartrage, was looking into the Leupold RX II. Any help in this matter will be welcome TIA Birddog 1
Don't drink from down streame!If we lose freedom here, there is no place on earth to escape to.This is the Last Stand on Earth. Ronald Reagon 1964

#2 trn2kill

trn2kill

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:35 PM

I would suggest a Bushnell, Im almost positive that Bushnell owns the patent on everything and companies like Leupold pay rights to Bushnell to use there technology. And with leupold your going to be paying more just for the name.
Wither it has two legs or four it makes for a great target.USMC Semper Fidelis

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,297 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

It depends on what you want in the way of quality too. Leica makes the very best in rangefinders.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

I second what John just said. I have one and they are very simple to operate. Gives distance in either yards or meters. You chose.

#5 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:00 PM

Plus on the Leica's.

#6 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

Swaro Laser Guide is what I use. If you are into Longrange rangefinding, this is the most affordable one in the market. I can range up to over a mile when the condition are good.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#7 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

Hello everyone I am looking for a good range finder the one I HAD someone else wanted it more then I :good: .I will be useing it for all my hunting needs archery, ML, and cartrage, was looking into theLeupold RX II. Any help in this matter will be welcome TIA Birddog 1

What kind of distances are you trying to get with it. I had one of the medium range range (500yds) Bushnells but when I started hunting with a rifle again, I found that they wouldn't range objects out to say 800yds consistently. I ended up buying Leica Geovid binos that were the most awesome rangefinding binos but were also very expensive. Unfortunately, when my jeep was broken into while scouting for turkeys and I lost them. Now, I have Bushnell's ARC 1200. This rangefinder is ideal for ranging coyotes out to 800yds. During the meet and greet last month, I ranged a coyote that stood broadside at 726yds. When it came in closer and stopped, I ranged him again at 512yds and let a Hail Mary shot go but didn't connect due to human error. Bushnell rangefinders are compact and are very accurate and reliable. Just get the longer range ones if you're hunting with a rifle. My :good: .....
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#8 Birddog 1

Birddog 1

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

fakawee that is just what I wanted to hear does the Bushnell arc work for the rifle also ? Birddog 1
Don't drink from down streame!If we lose freedom here, there is no place on earth to escape to.This is the Last Stand on Earth. Ronald Reagon 1964

#9 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:00 AM

Plus on the Leica's.

Add me to the Leica fan club too. Compact, light and reliable. Can pick em up used on the cheap too.

#10 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

fakawee that is just what I wanted to hear does the Bushnell arc work for the rifle also ? Birddog 1

YES! It works with both archery and rifle as it has a mode for each weapon choice. The plus for me is in the rifle mode, you can set it for the caliber/fps of your bullet choice so it will inform you of the hold over needed to take your shot. Even the ARC1000 is a great rangefinder for the price! Both ARC models calculate incline and decline shot angles.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#11 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:53 PM

I bought a used Leupold RX-II here from a marksman who needed a longer view rangefinder. I used it for a while then had a problem. Sent it to Leupold and they returned a brand new one. It works great out to 750 yds. I don't know how the other manufacturers are on returns but we all know how Leupold is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users