3 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:57 PM

does anyone have one or use one on a regular basis ? It looks new . just wondering what the opins / facts might be on this one ? Thanx , Andy

#2 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:21 PM

I have two 20 ga. 391 Beretta's. I have about 10000 rounds through one and 7500 rounds through the other. Mine are a High grade model, I think it is Teknys. (spell?) They are great guns and have been very reliable. The recoil with dove loads is minimal and they point great. My only complaint would be tear down, cleaning, and re-assembly. They are not as simple as a Benelli or a Browning for cleaning but I'm just bitching. I use mine for Argentina dove shooting which is very hard on a gun. I will also add that several of my friends at the duck club use 12 ga. 391's and with the heavy Mag. loads they seem to have a few problems with them. They buy after market parts that seem to solve the problems. Hope this helps.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

I have a 12 urika al391 I just love love it.Go for it they are awesome to shoot very reliable and soft kicking.No problem at all ejecting the lightest loads to the heaviest duck loads.

#4 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:43 PM

Funny you mention Argentina Bzzrd . the few show that I hace watched about the doving there the host of the shows borrowed a gun from the outfitter / ranch and they were the Benelli 20ga and the the " bird boy / old man " carried a couple of cases of ammo for the shooter . I will be mostly using it on a range more than the field . I saw 1 for 830.00 i think in great cond , with hard case and chokes . Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users