1 reply to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

Well I got the report for Castaic on Mon as opposed to Sun night when it went went it was posted . It said fishing from the Dam was really good , limits poss . Mostly 1 - 2 1/2 # , occasional 5# . I went Tues and it was foggy , misty & cool . But I KICKED A** and took names . I ended up with a limit (10) by 9am . I stopped at 9 and let 2 go , giving me 11 for the day . WOW !! It was soooooo good that I went back today . JEEZ what a difference a day makes . Like the previous day I had my 1st fish in 5 min after getting there . but overall it was not as good . I ended up with 5 fish and missed 5 solid bites / runs . And it was hot as heck . The funniest part was when 3-5 people that were there and not catching anything , let alone getting a bite , were asking me for advise , examining my gear ( set up , hook size , weight , leader length ) and bait . Which everyone was using Sardines . Then they started fishing right next to me like I had something magical about me or my spot , yet they did not get bite were I was still getting fish . Funny as he**!!!! Might be going back on Fri but will be in a boat in / by Elizabeth Canyon . Andy

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,688 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:30 PM

They just thought you was cute and wanted to be close to you. Nice going. That size are great eating.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users