7 replies to this topic

#1 Dutchman

Dutchman

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:25 AM

I FINALLY got a CZ527 in 22 hornet ordered. I was considering the Simmons 44mag scope until I started reading about the Hawke scopes here. My 2 biggest questions are this: How well does the Varmint II hold zero throughout the magnification range? and secondly, How solidly built is this scope?The price looks right. Since this will be 99% for squirrels I'll probably go for the 8-32.Any input is welcomed. Thanks

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:06 AM

Hawke Optics are the most popular selling optics in Europe. The Varmint II is a great product or I wouldn't sell them. But don't take my word for it, check out these links:Magazine review...BritishAmerican customer reviewsAmerican customer reviewsNot many scopes are "air gun rated" to take the punishment that dual recoiling spring guns dish out. Hawke scope are made to take the punishment and still hold their zero. They are truly any-recoil rated. In addition, when you buy from us, you have your own personal customer service representative. I am a sponsor here and you can rest assured that if you are not happy, I am not happy. Regards,Red
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#3 Dutchman

Dutchman

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:35 AM

Great. Sounds like a hell of a bargain. I'll have to check out some of the other Hawke scopes too. Some of the other reticules look interesting.

#4 HotLoadsKenny

HotLoadsKenny

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:51 AM

Hey Dutch,I can't speak for the Varmit ll , but I have 2 4x16 Sidewinders.They are fantastic!I have one that I switch from my AR15 223 to my AR15 6.5 grendel on a Burris 1 piece mount.Hold Zero?????21 clicks Up and 27 clicks right and I am zeroed from one cartriage to another!The best part though is the clarity of the glass and the illuminated reticle does NOT bloom in the dark.We hunt predarers at night and the IR is great!MY vote 100%HotLoadsKenny

#5 staffords

staffords

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

I ordered a 4-16x44mm Varmint II from RedHunterLLC. Mounted it on my Savage M40 22 Hornet. Good scope and very clear. Holding zero just fine.I haven't used it enough to tell you how durable the scope is, but so far I really like it.

#6 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

Red, do you take Visa? I'm building the 6.5 Grendel and I want something special for it. What in the Hawke line would you recommend?

#7 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:02 PM

I have only one thing to say about the scopes. I have purchased a few Bushnells and have been very happy in their performance. Also I have a Mueller and a Nikon Buckmasters that is very good. However I won a Hilux scope on a Website Raffle. I see that the scope retails for over $350.00. I would be pissed paying that much for the scope. Its on par with Barska, and lower end Simmons. Is there anywhere that a Guy In Nor Cal can look through a Hawke and see if its really got the optics that we need? Im kinda leary about plopping down money on Optics without letting these old Blue Eyes look through em.. lol
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#8 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:07 PM

I just saw this old post Ornery. If you are not pleased with the quality of the scope, send it back for a full refund.Regarding the Hilux scope, we had an opportunity to take on that line but I was not impressed with it either. We decided against it.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users