• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

Yahi bowmen had their Bill Sullivan Traditional shoot Sunday was a lot of fun . No wheels just sticks and stings . Had lots of hard to do targets , like shooting standing on a small stump , shooting in a too small of blind ,Shooting a turkey behind a steal gate only killed one arrow there but both was in the ten spot.. Had 28 3D targets set up around Modesto reservoir. I only killed two arrows and lost non, that's really good for me. Peeker shot pretty good for just getting back into it. Some how I got first place in my class. Peeker said I cheated He was not that far behind me maybe 50 points. I should of shot better than i did. What was cool a little kid won the shoot off for over all first place. Lots of good guys and shooters there. Also some really nice bows was being used. Lots of fun. You don't have to be a good shot to do something like this just do it for the fun of it.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,197 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

Congratulations on placing first. All of your practice and hard work has paid off. :signs1180lq:Old peeker did pretty good to since hurting himself with that bow.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:02 AM

Way to go, Thumper... (yeah, peeker was telling us about your cheating, & we only thought you did that at cards. lol j.k.) Those type of gatherings are a LOT of fun indeed, not to mention great theropy for the mind and soul. Pretty cool on the young kid coming in first place. He's gotta be a happy camper for sure.My dad actually shot & hunted with archery only back from the late 50's thru 70's(?) Although he did target shooting with handguns for awhile. Anyway, I shot & hunted with archery in the early to mid 60's or so, in my teenage years, so had/have at least a very small knowledge of this great sport. Anyway, Congrats Again :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Frank

#4 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:05 AM

Archery Shoots are very exciting. When I lived in Santa Barbara I would attend them a lot. In fact the first time I shot my bow was at a 3D competition. Broke and lost a lot of arrows but I learned a few things from the people that I shot with. Had a blast too. Congrats on getting first place. Did you compete with the bow you made?

#5 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:41 AM

Nice! Our archery club has a "traditional only" 3D shoot once a year, which is a blast to shoot. I can shoot traditional at every match, but those target placements are geared with high speed compound bows in mind, not stick bows, so some shots are a real handicap for a trad shooter. I'm dang near out of arrows for my longbow shooting those 3D shoots - time to order up some shafts and make a few dozen more...

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for the words guys. It is fun and good practice.BullsEye I was going to but chickend out . Got to looking at my arrows for it and changed my mind all are home made and too much work in them . But I would of been the only one in that class .
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#7 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:48 AM

You don't have to be a good shot to do something like this just do it for the fun of it.

That's what I'm talking about Thumper :pot: and congrats for 1st place.

#8 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

Good for you Tim. See chasing those fuzzy's down with a pointy stick help you a lot.

#9 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users