#1 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:04 PM

Can someone tell me I didn't pay too much for a 95% condition Walther LP model 53, circa 1960 with 4 digit serial number. I'll post a picture as soon as I finish charging the battery on my camera. :smiley_green_with_envy: By the way I paid the gentleman a princely sum of $100.00.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#2 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:04 PM

Found this on Network 54 (Yellow Forum) along with 21 pages of other hits. Network 54 **********************The LP-53 is a spring piston (in the grip) powered gun that recoils just like a firearm. Match grade ? Maybe if you want to spend a lot of time practicing. It's more of a firearm training pistol. They haven't been made for many years, and new price back then was around $150.00 to $200.00. If you have seen the poster for the James Bond movie "Thunderball" Sean Connery is holding one. It's a good looking gun, but it's not a good target pistol.**********************The post was dated in 2000.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#3 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:12 PM

Thanks Gary, I did research it a bit and I found several poster of James Bond movie showing Sean Connery posing with this pistol in From Russia with Love and Thunderball. Great looking pistol. Anyway, here's mine:Posted ImagePosted ImageI plinked with it this afternoon and the pistol is very accurate at 15 to 20ft. At 30 however the group opened up a bit. Here's the target the center Dot group was shot last night while zeroing the pistol. The dot at the bottom was at 15 ft. The right dot was at 20ft and the left dot was at 35ft.Posted ImageShot these lemons at 15 and 30 yards. The result was about the same.Posted ImagePosted ImageOverall excellent pistol but somewhat underpowered.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

Sorry to bring this up for rehashing but, my Modell 53 Luftpistole was among the missing, due to a move in 2009. I recently opened a box and was rewarded with the return of this pleasant little airgun. I obtained this one used at a gun store in Christchurch, New Zealand in 1968. I have used most of a 1000 pellet box of CAC pellets practicing indoors so the 45.30 New Zealand dollars were well spent. In today's currency exchange that 45.30 NZD would be $36.14 US.

Attached File  Luftpistole.jpg   81.99KB   0 downloads

According to the manual it should have had a set of barrel weights, but I didn't receive those with the gun. The two extra rear and front sight blades were received. Unfortunately, one of the rear sight blades went missing many years ago. Also included was the wooden cocking assist device and a cleaning rod. If you happen on one, in good shape, it will make a neat little 10 meter practice pistol.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users