• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 DagoRich

DagoRich

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Family, good friends, camping, long range shooting, shooting squeeks and prairie dogs, reloading and a good steak.

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:06 PM

Nice Rhino Dago! How much?

Thanks, 13,100 otd. With larger rims and tires, wheel spacers front and rear, OMF rock guards up front and a camo canvass top. Bought it from Royer Cycle and Marine in Bakersfield.

#62 Stevieloco

Stevieloco

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:04 AM

We just came back from Niland CA for the dove opener. One friend had a Ranger. Another had a Rhino. We did alot of 4x4 and just off road driving. I noticed the Ranger was alot smoother. The Rhino tended to get "squirly" alot in the back wheeles.Long story short, my friend flipped his Rhino at 50 mph. We rolled 2.5 times and ended up upside down. I was the passenger and the seat broke completely out of the vehicle. Poorly made seat construction. My friend had just installed shoulder harnesses ( which saved my life I'm sure). I recommend installing them as well as the doors you can install on the Rhino if you get one. I would suggest the Ranger. It was alot more stable and smooth.Attached File  1.jpg   25.29KB   6 downloads

#63 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:05 PM

Holy COW Glad you are okay!!

#64 Beretta

Beretta

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing and camping. <br />NRA lifetime member, Ducks<br />Unlimited member and 8 year <br />member of the River Ranch Hunt Club.

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:49 PM

I'm in the same boat as far as trying to decide which to buy. The information you have all provided helps me out as well. :roflmao3[1]:

#65 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

I would suggest the Ranger. It was alot more stable and smooth.

But, how comfortable is it when it's flipping??? :signs1180lq: Seriously, glad that you're OK. Your friend should think about driving slower with that suicide-mobile.

#66 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

ROFLMAO Should be asking how easy is it to hose out the seats after flipping LOL.. Seriously though, The ranger is real comfy but sorry I aint rolling it to find out how comfy it is upside down and sideways LOL

#67 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:22 PM

wow it only rolled 2.5 not bad. i wonder how many the quad will roll that that speed

#68 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:52 PM

Did you see how the Rhino is being looked at for the safety issues when rolling? Might be something to check into..Heck dang near every night I see this commercial about Rhhino roll over accidents and death please call this number etc... Also if you request doors they supposedly are for free... Due to the serious injuries people have because nothing holds them in the cab and when it rolls you tend to squish body parts ...I can see where that would hurt a bit..

#69 Stevieloco

Stevieloco

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:58 AM

The doors definitly kept my legs attached to my body. The "oh-sh*t-bars" worked great too. Tore ligaments in my left wrist holding on during the rolls but thats better than asking " dude, where's my ARM"

#70 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,666 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:53 AM

" dude, where's my ARM"

I hate when that happens as it usually leaves a BIG mark. :signs1242cn:

#71 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:16 PM

hey john u cant mark it if your arm is missing :signs1242cn: lol

#72 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

Picked up the new Rhino about three weeks ago. Been out playing with it for about two weeks. This thing will go places my jeep wont go. Gun racks and winch to come soon. Pix is just after I picked it up.Posted Image

Bumping this back up. I really like the looks of that Rhino!!Must be this time of year, cause I am back to wanting one really bad. lolIf I get one, I have settled on an New 08 700 efi. Still trying to work on permission from the boss. ;)

#73 DagoRich

DagoRich

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Family, good friends, camping, long range shooting, shooting squeeks and prairie dogs, reloading and a good steak.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:57 PM

Hey, that picture looks familiar!! :653:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users