7 replies to this topic

#1 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

Well the big Archery Shoot in the North State ended Sunday. After 3 days of great weather good food and great people, I realize i need to shoot more......Didn't stay Sunday to see who won the whole thing,But 1 thing i do know for sure it wasn't me.It was put together very well again and they had a Huey Helicopter on display in honor of our Troops and Veterans. A group of Vet's take donations to fund the restoration of this work horse of a helicopter. The guy shooting with me and my son is a Vietnam Vet. he saw a lot of battle action over there. he is one of the great people i have met over the years.So, there's not much more to say here i'm gonna post a couple pics of Curt,Colby and myself and some of the Huey.Posted ImagePosted ImagehttpPosted Image
HISTORY, IN GENERAL,ONLY INFORMS US OF WHAT BAD GOVERNMENT IS. THOMAS JEFFERSONANYONE WHO TRADES LIBERTY FOR SECURITY DESERVES NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,969 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

Nice pics! Better luck next year on the shooting. Let people know ahead of time next year when this takes place..

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:44 PM

Sorry i just assumed that anyone into archery would have known about the shoot.Its a 3 day event and is the second largest archery tournament in the United States. Its held on the 1st weekend in May every year. It is a 70 target shoot at 2 arrows per target with a total of 1540 points available.There are pro shooters from all over the world and sponsors have their booths set up displaying all the latest Archery equip. just a bunch of good stuff going on.i shot a 1390 and Curt shot a 1394. My best was 1464 back in 2007.Fridays tally of shooters was just a bit over 2000. I have shot with people from Europe and Australia. It is a pretty big event and has a very broad participants list.There is another local shoot im going to be in up in Mt. Shasta on July 17-18th at the Shasta Mtn Archers range.
HISTORY, IN GENERAL,ONLY INFORMS US OF WHAT BAD GOVERNMENT IS. THOMAS JEFFERSONANYONE WHO TRADES LIBERTY FOR SECURITY DESERVES NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,681 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:42 AM

Looks like alot of fun.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,969 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:09 PM

Hey Thumper, did you know about the shoot? I'm probably the odd man out because I don't keep up on archery.

Time waits for no one--

#6 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:24 PM

Maybe ya need poked with a sharp stick. :smiley_green_with_envy:

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,969 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

Ha Ha! No poking with the sharp stick please. :smiley_green_with_envy:

Time waits for no one--

#8 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,889 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

When I shot the World Championships and the Nationals in 1988 in Darrington Washington it was really fun,,, Those Aussies really liked to party after the shoot. Looks like a great time was had by all !!
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users