• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 raedr01

raedr01

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Long Range Shooting, Want to start coyote hunting and pig hunting. Love to go small game hunting!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:51 AM

Hey guys, I've been sorta looking for a few years for a quality chest holster for my Ruger Super Redhawk with a 9 1/2 inch barrel. Any help on a good one would be appreciated, thanks gents!Attached File  1.jpg   19.4KB   34 downloads

#2 John Bishop

John Bishop

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Mountain Biking, Martial Arts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

I like the Sidekick bandolier holsters: http://www.uncle-mik...r_holsters.html

Attached Files

John Bishop, Commissioner
San Bernardino County Fish & Game Commission
Member: N.R.A., C.R.P.A., W.E.G.C., Calguns Foundation Supporter

#3 HogHunter714

HogHunter714

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

Raedr01,I have a Ruger Redhawk 44 Mag 7 1/2. I didnt like any of the holsters that I was finding online/stores/etc. A buddy of mine suggested that I have one custom made by a local leather maker in Orange County. He sent me over to "Hobby City" in Stanton, CA. I can't remember the name of the shop (only a few retailers in the plaza) but they sold antique weapons, leather goods, civil war items. In the shop they had a leather maker and he did all custom work. I brought in my gun, he took a few measurements, asked me what I wanted and gave me a quote. I ended up going with a thigh rig for pig hunting and extra loops for additional ammo. Within a few weeks, I had a very nice holster and it was VERY quality workmanship. When it was all said and done, I think I pad around $200 for the holster. Seems kinda pricey, but I will have that holster for as long as I own the gun. Hobby City 1238 Beach BlvdAnaheim, CA 92804(714) 236-9300

#4 raedr01

raedr01

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Long Range Shooting, Want to start coyote hunting and pig hunting. Love to go small game hunting!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:32 PM

I've had the same issue with not liking any of the few holsters i've found. Thanks for the info, when I get home I'll definitely check up on this place! Thanks man!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users