• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

Calif.'s Costly Trout Recovery Effort Criticized

#2 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:21 PM

I wonder if anyone has ever stopped and asked the question, Is it worth spending millions and millions of dollars to save a run of steelhead in SoCal? I mean really, if they all go away... well... such is life. As if you can plop 25 million people down in a fragile desert environment and not expect there to be some consequences. Spending a bunch of taxpayer dollars will not turn Southern California into a pristine wilderness.It is no wonder people are getting sick of one overpriced boondoggle after another. Caltrans spent 3 million (and two years) here on a bridge, over an irrigation drainage. The bridge replaced a 5' diameter culvert that was rusted out, albeit it had been adequate since 1929 when that road was built. Seems to me a new culvert would have served us well for the $$$...
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,328 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:12 PM

I wonder if anyone has ever stopped and asked the question, Is it worth spending millions and millions of dollars to save a run of steelhead in SoCal? I mean really, if they all go away... well... such is life.

People said the same thing about the California Condor but look where that got us. :two-cents:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users