10 replies to this topic

#1 cj1026

cj1026

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

Guys once again I need your help. I have a Savage 17hmr. I'm looking for some scope ideas for it. I don't need anything fancy or alot of magnification. I'd like to stay under 9x. I just want a basic scope. Any ideas?

#2 milkman

milkman

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Unofficial U.S.Coast Guard motto"You got to go out but you dont have to come back!!"

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:21 PM

bushnell makes a 3x10 for the 17 hmr...i have it on my cz 452...stay away from the bsa...friends dont let friends get bsa... :two-cents: glenn

#3 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

Mueller APV.Love mine, good scope for the $$$. Perfect match for the .17 hmr.http://www.windwalke...p?idproduct=785
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#4 JRW

JRW

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

I put a bushnell Banner on my savage .17hmr. Mine is a 4-12 and is really nice but they make a 3-9 also. For about 90 bucks i dont think you can go wrong.

#5 Pokey

Pokey

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Motocross, hunting, fishing & camping

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

This may sound funny, but look into the CenterPoint 4-16x40mm Scope. I read a ton of reviews and 99% of them were good. I have it on my Savage 17 hmr. I have shot about 300 rounds through it and it's still zero'd. I picked it up at Walmart for $69. I seriously feel funny telling people to look at this scope because it's so inexpensive, but really it's a great scope for the price. It's not a $400+ scope bit it will go head to head with a $200 scope all day.Nice thing about it is it's from walmart. If you don't like it, they will take it back

#6 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

http://www.cabelas.c...e...rm23&Go.x=0 This is designed for the 17 HMR .. Its what I have on mine and its actually a really nice little scope, I havent had any problems with it, and it does well for night hunting (Nev)
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#7 hardway

hardway

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

I put a leupold 2-7 vx2 on my cz 452 american. The same scope thats on my deer rifles, it makes great practice.

#8 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

Check out our Hawke Sport HD (High Definition) line of rifle scopes. They are super bright, sharp and start at under $50.00. Check them out here RedHunterLLC Hawke HD Scopes These are very nice quality scopes at an amazing price.We stand behind our products 100% and I am confident that you will love any Hawke scope you purchase. Questions? Drop me a note. We are advertisers here and customer service comes first.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#9 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:19 PM

bushnell makes a 3x10 for the 17 hmr...i have it on my cz 452...stay away from the bsa...friends dont let friends get bsa... :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: glenn

Milkman, can you elaborate!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#10 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

I just put a Bushnell trophy 4x12x40 ( great eye relief) on a Savage .17M2. For $200 it is a great scope. Adjustable objective and comes with Butler Creek lens covers. Go to a store that carries a number of scopes. Look through the ones you want to buy.

#11 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

http://www.cabelas.c...e...rm23&Go.x=0 This is designed for the 17 HMR .. Its what I have on mine and its actually a really nice little scope, I havent had any problems with it, and it does well for night hunting (Nev)

This is what we put on my Dads 17HMR. Works great and the turret adjustment for yardage is pretty nice
Hic Ego Statio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users