7 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:18 PM

Is there any disadvantages to having the scope that high above the barrel thx robert
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:35 AM

Check this brief article out SCOPE HEIGHT
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#3 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:44 AM

Okay, I still a bit confused though. I believe the article said that its actually better mounted higher like 2 inches, but the ar15 is a little higher then that I think. Anyways I haven't had the time to recite my rifle after I moved my scope a inch forward, but I am bored sited. I' thinking about going to somewhere out in desert center area to shoot for a while so I can site in real quick and go for a ride in the car. Any one know where I can go out there with a car. I was thinking also above barstow but the traffic coming back would be terrible as usual. That is why I am thinking more like past the palms spring area thx robert
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#4 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:29 AM

I'm not sure Palm Springs would be any better with traffic coming back. You can check out the place where we had our meet and greet (directions on that thread).Or you can go to Lytle Creek Public Range - save gas and site it in there.

#5 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

Okay, I still a bit confused though. I believe the article said that its actually better mounted higher like 2 inches, but the ar15 is a little higher then that I think. Anyways I haven't had the time to recite my rifle after I moved my scope a inch forward, but I am bored sited. I' thinking about going to somewhere out in desert center area to shoot for a while so I can site in real quick and go for a ride in the car. Any one know where I can go out there with a car. I was thinking also above barstow but the traffic coming back would be terrible as usual. That is why I am thinking more like past the palms spring area thx robert

To you know where BEE Canyon is East of Hemet? Good place to shoot without driving across country.

#6 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:08 AM

No I sure don't, please tell me. Is it legal?

#7 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

It is legal. There are always a lot of shooters and riders out there. So get there early. It is usually closed to shooting during high fire risk season. To get out to Bee Canyon, first you have to get out to Hemet and get on Florida Ave, (Hwy 74) and head east towards Idywilld, once you pass the ranger station on the righ, its about a half mile past the ranger station, there'll be a dirt road to the left. That's Bee Canyon Truck Trail. Take that road and follow it through a couple of gates and look for a spot to shoot. The earlier you get there the better. Its pretty easy to get to. Copy and past to your browser http://maps.google.c...n...sa=N&tab=il

#8 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:20 AM

oh, okay i know where the ranger station is. I can ride the quad there too u say??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users