#1 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:05 PM

I shot Sporting Clays at a charity shoot at Kern County Gun Club on Friday. I shot a 87 X 100 one of my team mates won the shoot with a 90 X 100. Our team averaged 83.5 X 100 and we won the team event. We had a great time. I think there was twenty four man teams.Posted ImageEach guy on our team got a belt buckle and $50.00.Posted ImageThis is a picture of most of the belt buckles I have got from shooting Sporting Clays.Posted ImageThis is a picture of my Browning Ultra XS Sporting Clays gun, it has 30" barrels. About 5 years ago I had the G-Squared Shock Master put in my stock. The Shock Master is pretty cool it really lowers the recoil. It is air operated.If you ever get a chance to shoot a round of Sporting Clays, go for it. Sporting Clays is great bird hunting practice.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

Good going Bob. :ninja: That's a nice collection of buckles you have there too. I used to be a pretty good trap shooter but when the price of gold and silver went way up in the 80's I scrapped most of my collection. They used to put gold coins in the buckles and most of the buckles themselves were made of sterling silver. I shot 100 straight in my first trap singles event. I was a Perrazi shotgun guy myself I still have a few of them that I won. But I sure like the stock on yours it would have been nice.

#3 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:07 PM

John, I started out shooting trap. I was 15 years old when I first tried trap shooting. I think I broke at least ten 99's before I broke 100 straight from the 16 yard line. I do remember the great gold coin belt buckles that they gave away for some of the handicap events in the late 60's and early 70's.Kim Rhode the Olympic gold medal winner had a Shock Master stock on her Perrazi. I started lifting my head quite a bit and I thought it was from all the years of recoil. So I got the Shock Master stock installed on my Browning and started shooting 1 oz loads at shoots and 7/8 oz loads at practice targets.

#4 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:24 AM

Great collection Bob and Congrats on adding another!! I have seen first hand Bob's skill with a shotgun. Wish I had half your scattergun skill. :)

#5 SpotandStalk

SpotandStalk

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hunting of all types, 3D-Archery and Sporting Clays.

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:54 PM

Nice collection of trophy buckles. I was never really into trap or skeet, but sporting clays (or 5-Stand) is a sport everyone should try as it's a real kick in the pants. SnS

#6 zaper1022

zaper1022

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

That is so cool! I'm going to have to join a club that does stuff like that! Congradulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users