9 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:38 AM

Okay, I know I seen this answered here before, but I can't find that answer and or post. I've used the search option and I must be missing it some how. My Ar has the bullet button, I know I can carry the magazine detached with bullets in it and be legal but I just can't find it, or the regulation that was posted. I've looked on calgunsnet.com too. I'm not sure if I have readers block or what, I want to print the post and reg for some comfort to me and the Leo. thx robert

#2 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:42 AM

There's no regulation saying what you CAN do, only what you can't do.This might be what you're looking for:http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

#3 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:28 PM

There's no regulation saying what you CAN do, only what you can't do.This might be what you're looking for:http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

I interpreted this 2 ways. Basically can I hunt non-game with this?Attached File  1.jpg   17.12KB   31 downloads

#4 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

Yes, you can hunt with the rifle. Just check reg's for ammunition restrictions. Some areas are lead-free and FMJ's usually are a no-no.The Flow Chart link helps to keep you from making the rifle itself illegal.

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

The easy way is to buy yourself a good bolt action and have better accuracy and no worries about the law at all. :signtripledogdare2wf:

#6 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

Before you take that out hunting, please ditch that dummy 30 round mag and put some legal looking 10 rounders in your pack and rifle to keep the hassles to a minimum. LEO's don't like evil looking black guns.

#7 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:37 PM

I will definitely be leaving the house without the dummy magazine. I did pick up several 10 rounders to take out with me. One day I will get a .223 in bolt action, but for now its the black gun. Thanks for all the replies.Take Care

#8 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:31 AM

Before you take that out hunting, please ditch that dummy 30 round mag and put some legal looking 10 rounders in your pack and rifle to keep the hassles to a minimum. LEO's don't like evil looking black guns.

That's why God invented mini 14's :yikes[1]:

#9 StoneTower

StoneTower

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Interests:Pulling the trigger and setting the hook!!!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

I thought he invented mini 14's for people who liked 6 inch groups at 100 yards :lol:

#10 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

:lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users