2 replies to this topic

#1 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:42 AM

This one has been getting free food since mid Jan he had a schedule 12:30 or 4:30 every few nights it would set off the ding dong. I have been waiting for him to show during the day and had a feeling it was time to slow down the food supply by concentrating it above his feeding station below my wood pile . I set the bird seed out in a dish and they scatter it about well knot to cheat the birds i deepened the dish = less over flow . Then i stopped feeding in the afternoon so the birds cleaned all the seeds before bed none for ratty he gets hungry and his stash is diminishing in the casa . I have been thinking he moved on but as always and again this AM the R7 was on guard as i was getting ready fill the feeder i glance out the 20 yards to the woodpile and low and behold there he is running under with a seed . Now i have time i get the lil finisher and loader up and open the window it didn't take long about a minute. Just like a ground squirrel his head pops up and i don't hesitate i squeeze and hear the sweet POP of a direct hit. He slumped dead i grabbed the BBQ tongs and the cup of seed man this one was worth the wait hope you boys enjoy it's been a long time and i have been getting envious of you cats. Man i love my .20 cal when it has to be spot on go for your beeman fuse box was all he was giving it cost him a living.Thanks for looking chris.Posted Image

#2 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:15 AM

Outwit the prey, I like it. Lil' Finisher strikes again!

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:09 AM

Shooting those skanky things is fun. When we still lived in California, we had a hill behind us that was covered in ivy. That stuff was loaded with rats, I used to bait them with peanut butter. That also brought in the Red Fox squirrels. Man, I hated when that happened. :popcorn: :lol: Nice fat one you got there. That R7 is most definitely earning her keep. B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users