• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:I am an Avid fisherman who would like to spend more time Varmint and Predator hunting. Trying to fit in all the hobbies with two young kids is a challenge.

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:46 AM

OK lets try this again!Gave making homemade Pastrami a try on Saturday. Bought some corned beef and followed a recipe I found on a smoking forums I just joined. After about the needed time on the smoker I pulled it and made Pastrami sandwich with caramelized onion and sweet pepper, and Swiss cheese. with a side of Corn and cabbage slaw.Fresh out of the smoker.Posted ImageHere it is slices and ready for the sandwich.d Posted ImageHere is is ready to be served. Posted ImageYUMMY everyone enjoyed it. Bad thing is very little left over and now I have to do another one. Next time I think I will let it sit over night and then slice it up nice and thinRobert
Rocklin,Ca

#2 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:55 AM

OK lets try this again!Gave making homemade Pastrami a try on Saturday. Bought some corned beef and followed a recipe I found on a smoking forums I just joined. After about the needed time on the smoker I pulled it and made Pastrami sandwich with caramelized onion and sweet pepper, and Swiss cheese. with a side of Corn and cabbage slaw.YUMMY everyone enjoyed it. Bad thing is very little left over and now I have to do another one. Next time I think I will let it sit over night and then slice it up nice and thinRobert

Looks good. Make mouth water looking at pic.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,328 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:29 AM

That does looks really good Robert.Hey, that's a pretty nice Damascus (folded steel) knife you have in that picture. :smiley_green_with_envy:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:I am an Avid fisherman who would like to spend more time Varmint and Predator hunting. Trying to fit in all the hobbies with two young kids is a challenge.

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:43 AM

Looks good. Make mouth water looking at pic.

Thanks it was pretty tasty.

That does looks really good Robert.Hey, that's a pretty nice Damascus (folded steel) knife you have in that picture. :smiley_green_with_envy:

I's a shun classic. I think it is imitation Damascus :censored[1]: but I have been happy with it got a nice 23 piece set for my birthday and fathers day last Spring. The pastrami makes up for the Coho Jerky I made last night. Fell a sleep and forgot about the fish oops. Kind of dry but will work great for smoke coho dip. Robert
Rocklin,Ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users