• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:35 PM

I just picked up a like new condition Dan Wesson .357 mag. The original owner bought it in the 1980s, put half a box of shells thru it, cleaned it, and stored it away. I even got the half full box of cartridges that he bought with the gun. :blink: Posted Image
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,289 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:36 PM

Nice that should be a shooter.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,731 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:40 PM

Nice. Did you get a good deal on it . Sounds like you did. A Buddy has one in 44 and its a real shooter. :blink:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

Nice going. I love revolvers.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#5 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:05 PM

Nice. Did you get a good deal on it . Sounds like you did. A Buddy has one in 44 and its a real shooter. :blink:

He sent me a text this afternoon, told me what he paid for it, and yes he certainly got a good deal! Lucky sonofagun!!! :blink:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#6 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

You'll like like that DW clampdaddy, they are known for accuracy. That tensioned barrel idea has been used in a few rifle builds.

#7 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

Nice pistol .

#8 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

Nice. Did you get a good deal on it . Sounds like you did. A Buddy has one in 44 and its a real shooter. :smiley_green_with_envy:

I think I did pretty well. She set me back $300.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#9 Karl

Karl

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

I think I did pretty well. She set me back $300.

That is an awesome gun for that price!DW revolvers are well known for accuracy.Karl
Karl

#10 Hipshot Percussion

Hipshot Percussion

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Bird Hunting- pheasant, Quail
    Bird dog training (two Brittany's)

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:16 AM

You will love it!! I've had one since I bought it new and love it. Mine has been accurate right out of the box, with nothing done to it. It has plenty of weight to it, so full power loads are comfortable to shoot. Get out to the range and burn up some ammo.

#11 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:45 PM

really nice looking. Just one barrel? If so you should shop around for the other barrel lengths. Interchangeable barrels is what Dan Wessons are all about. Well, that and accuracy at 200 meters. :huh:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#12 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:17 AM

Yeah, just one barrel. Eventually I want to get a longer one and a shorter one. A set of the thin round butt grips would be nice too.

#13 Revolver Ocelet

Revolver Ocelet

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

My buddy has one too. 8" .357 but no extra barrels in the many years he has owned it! Same with his contender he has had but no extra barrels! Weird guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users