5 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

I am looking for another shotgun/s . I currently have a 12ga Beretta o/u & a SKB 20ga o/u . They are fun as heck but I keep looking into the semi's . I even shot my 1st 24/25 EVER with the SKB . Specifically Bennelli , Beretta & Browning . I am open to new gauges , 28 / 10 , but just looking at other options . My questions are : Why / How is it that Benelli has soo many models / options , when on the overall apperance they all look the same ? Legacy , M1 , M2 , Vicci ? the ultra lights are obvious . Same on the Beretta's there are a few that I think are just improvements on the previous models , 390 /391 / etc, where they did something to make the next one the "newest & bestest " . But what about the 1200 , eXtrema , new eXtrema ... ? I have also noticed that some of the Berettas & Brownings seem to be the same guns . They look like they just shared the tech with eachother . As far as Brownings go was looking into the "Gold " guns . when I did wholesaling they sold VERY well . Again 12 & 20 are my mains right now & I have owned semi's ( 11/87 Police , 11/87 12ga , 1100 12ga , USAS12 also 2 870's ) in the past . I sold them as I LOVE my o/u's more . I almost got my hands on a BSS but just could not do it at the time . What sucks was it was 800 to me , when I said no it went for 1100 & sold . It was soooo pretty . But I also have had an "itch " for a Benelli 121 ( defensive shotgun pre super 90 , I believe ) , which I have seen for sale locally but they only come with a 19"bbl . That does me no good . Please , whatever you own , whichever models , give me your input , good & bad . I like buying used more than new but thats just me . Thanx , Andy

#2 JRW

JRW

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

Beretta Xtrema II! It is built on a 10 gauge frame but that is so it can handle any shell you want to put in it. (correct gauge of course). I shoot low base 2 3/4" 8's at doves, 3" 2's at ducks and geese, and 3 1/2" 4's or 6's for turkeys and T's at coyotes and cats. You can also get slug barrels for it if you had a mind to. It does everything you might want a shotgun to do. It comes with a full set of chokes and it's a Beretta what more could you want?

#3 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

thats always been my + on the Berettas . they have been around for 100+ years & they are not going anywhere . But what is " THE " diffrence between a 2 & 4 eXtrema ? I think I saw it say 4 . Andy

#4 JRW

JRW

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:26 PM

I think you saw that the Xtrema 2 comes in Max 4D camo pattern. The A391 Xtrema2 is a 3 1/2" gun and the AL391 Urika2 in only a 3" gun. As far as i know there was never an Xtrema 1 but there was a Urika 1 and my father has one and is s a great gun too. the biggest difference is the Xtrema is a little bit beefier being a 10 gauge frame and the rubber grips on the handle and fore-end look different but other than they are very similar.

#5 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:54 AM

I would go with a Beretta Semi-Auto. At registered Sporting Clays shoots the Beretta Semi-Auto's out number all the other brands of Semi-Auto's by a huge margin.I shoot Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet with a Browning Ultra XS O/U, but when I go hunting I always use a pump or Semi-Auto.

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:28 PM

I have also noticed that some of the Berettas & Brownings seem to be the same guns . They look like they just shared the tech with eachother .

Actually. Browning and Winchester autoloaders are kissin' cousins and certain models share some parts. I have a Browning Maxus and a Browning Silver hunter. They are both great guns. The Maxus is a bit lighter and easier to clean but the Silver is prettier and just seem to fit it in better on a pheasant or quail hunt. I really like my friends Winchester SX3 too. My real weakness is for classic side by sides though. Especially Ithacas. I have a 1924 Flues model Ithaca that is an absolute joy to carry in the field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users