5 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

I am looking for another shotgun/s . I currently have a 12ga Beretta o/u & a SKB 20ga o/u . They are fun as heck but I keep looking into the semi's . I even shot my 1st 24/25 EVER with the SKB . Specifically Bennelli , Beretta & Browning . I am open to new gauges , 28 / 10 , but just looking at other options . My questions are : Why / How is it that Benelli has soo many models / options , when on the overall apperance they all look the same ? Legacy , M1 , M2 , Vicci ? the ultra lights are obvious . Same on the Beretta's there are a few that I think are just improvements on the previous models , 390 /391 / etc, where they did something to make the next one the "newest & bestest " . But what about the 1200 , eXtrema , new eXtrema ... ? I have also noticed that some of the Berettas & Brownings seem to be the same guns . They look like they just shared the tech with eachother . As far as Brownings go was looking into the "Gold " guns . when I did wholesaling they sold VERY well . Again 12 & 20 are my mains right now & I have owned semi's ( 11/87 Police , 11/87 12ga , 1100 12ga , USAS12 also 2 870's ) in the past . I sold them as I LOVE my o/u's more . I almost got my hands on a BSS but just could not do it at the time . What sucks was it was 800 to me , when I said no it went for 1100 & sold . It was soooo pretty . But I also have had an "itch " for a Benelli 121 ( defensive shotgun pre super 90 , I believe ) , which I have seen for sale locally but they only come with a 19"bbl . That does me no good . Please , whatever you own , whichever models , give me your input , good & bad . I like buying used more than new but thats just me . Thanx , Andy

#2 JRW

JRW

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

Beretta Xtrema II! It is built on a 10 gauge frame but that is so it can handle any shell you want to put in it. (correct gauge of course). I shoot low base 2 3/4" 8's at doves, 3" 2's at ducks and geese, and 3 1/2" 4's or 6's for turkeys and T's at coyotes and cats. You can also get slug barrels for it if you had a mind to. It does everything you might want a shotgun to do. It comes with a full set of chokes and it's a Beretta what more could you want?

#3 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

thats always been my + on the Berettas . they have been around for 100+ years & they are not going anywhere . But what is " THE " diffrence between a 2 & 4 eXtrema ? I think I saw it say 4 . Andy

#4 JRW

JRW

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:26 PM

I think you saw that the Xtrema 2 comes in Max 4D camo pattern. The A391 Xtrema2 is a 3 1/2" gun and the AL391 Urika2 in only a 3" gun. As far as i know there was never an Xtrema 1 but there was a Urika 1 and my father has one and is s a great gun too. the biggest difference is the Xtrema is a little bit beefier being a 10 gauge frame and the rubber grips on the handle and fore-end look different but other than they are very similar.

#5 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:54 AM

I would go with a Beretta Semi-Auto. At registered Sporting Clays shoots the Beretta Semi-Auto's out number all the other brands of Semi-Auto's by a huge margin.I shoot Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet with a Browning Ultra XS O/U, but when I go hunting I always use a pump or Semi-Auto.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:28 PM

I have also noticed that some of the Berettas & Brownings seem to be the same guns . They look like they just shared the tech with eachother .

Actually. Browning and Winchester autoloaders are kissin' cousins and certain models share some parts. I have a Browning Maxus and a Browning Silver hunter. They are both great guns. The Maxus is a bit lighter and easier to clean but the Silver is prettier and just seem to fit it in better on a pheasant or quail hunt. I really like my friends Winchester SX3 too. My real weakness is for classic side by sides though. Especially Ithacas. I have a 1924 Flues model Ithaca that is an absolute joy to carry in the field.
Sharps, the rifle that made the west safe for Winchester!

Real tractors have two cylinders and hand clutches.

My rifle is mine, it isn't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users